Headless backend server.
I know that there is a possibility to use mysql instead of sqlite db to have multiple xbmc around the house. To make this really complete we should have a headless unit that can scan the shares and update the database.
What are you asking and what is the point of this thread?
I am asking for a xbmc backend for running on a server without the need for a gui. The backend should only run the mysql db and scrapping the libraries
There is no xbmc server solution avalible. If you want to make use of your "headless server" install mysql to it and scan from your xbmc frontend to it.

Cheers.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
I suggest you test out XBMC's UPnP server. While it obviously isn't headless, at least you'll be able to see whether it will accomplish what you want. You can always minimize the "headless server" instance which will limit the render loop and thus reduce CPU.

Note down what works + what doesn't. Note down what would be nice to have but isn't yet available. Write it all up in a trac ticket and cc me and topfs2.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

alex84 Wrote:There is no xbmc server solution avalible. If you want to make use of your "headless server" install mysql to it and scan from your xbmc frontend to it.

Cheers.

The problem when the frontend need to scan is simple. You can't tag stuff as watched and some couple of more things also. If a server is 24/7 online then it is logical that he scans the stuff so that the frontend is up2date when powered on.

The upnp module isn't the solution. Also minimizing xbmc on a server install isn't possible execpt when you install x11 which is useless on a server.

I would write a webinterface for the backend if I knew how I could use the xbmc scrappers for info.
XWMM has a feature to enable scrapers from a webinterface: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headless backend server.0