• 61(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
(2012-03-22, 10:59)Popeye Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 10:53)simon_rb Wrote: I have also had this problem. It appears to happen if I have already attempted to download it before however cancelled the download before it finishes. I fixed the issue by deleting the folder then it worked.

Hope this helps

Regards

Your problem is slightly different. SAB quite often fails deleting the working folder and when you try again it appends a ".1" to the new folder name. Pneumatic, so far, has been looking in the original folder and then of course fails...

Ah ok - my bad. When the film Ends I get an error message saying error playing file. I think it's a timing issue you mentioned before or I could be wrong. I'll post a log next time it happens (sorry if this is a bug - i know your working hard designing features)

Thanks for beta 4 btw Smile

(2012-03-22, 15:44)simon_rb Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 10:59)Popeye Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 10:53)simon_rb Wrote: I have also had this problem. It appears to happen if I have already attempted to download it before however cancelled the download before it finishes. I fixed the issue by deleting the folder then it worked.

Hope this helps

Regards

Your problem is slightly different. SAB quite often fails deleting the working folder and when you try again it appends a ".1" to the new folder name. Pneumatic, so far, has been looking in the original folder and then of course fails...

Ah ok - my bad. When the film Ends I get an error message saying error playing file. I think it's a timing issue you mentioned before or I could be wrong. I'll post a log next time it happens (sorry if this is a bug - i know your working hard designing features)

Thanks for beta 4 btw Smile

Now have a fix for this specific case. Still struggling with the crazy name issues..

Everyone, do you want more or less information on the "waiting for rar" progress dialog or can I leave it as is?

Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
Quote:Everyone, do you want more or less information on the "waiting for rar" progress dialog or can I leave it as is?

I think it's fine the way it is, if somethings failing I'm checking sabs web interface and logs.

Hi guys, I've made a simple tool to automatically create .Strm files from .Nzb files, here's the first release. Hopefully there's not too many bugs! Let me know if you have any problems.

Pneumatic Nzb Watcher
By BadWornThing
For use with Pneumatic for XBMC
By Popeye
-------------------------------

About Pneumatic
Pneumatic is a NZB engine add-on for XBMC (http://www.xbmc.org) Eden, created by Popeye.
It uses SABnzbd (http://www.sabnzbd.org) as backbone. It can "trick" XBMC into playing movies in incomplete rar set's, allowing streaming of video files from .Nzb files.

About Pneumatic Nzb Watcher
This is a simple program that sits in your taskbar tray and every x seconds scans your Sick Beard and CouchPotato download folders to find .Nzb files. When it finds one, it creates a .Strm file that links to it, and also moves the .Nzb file to reside with the .Strm file.

About .Strm files
.Strm files are playlists for XBMC that can point to specific functions of plugins. The advantage of them is that XBMC treats them like video files, so they can be scanned into the native TV and Movie library. Then when they are played from the library, the plugin will be started with the specified parameters (in this case, Pneumatic will start to stream the specific .Nzb).

About Sick Beard
Sick Beard is an automatic NZB downloader for TV shows. It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them.

About CouchPotato
CouchPotato is an automatic NZB downloader for movies. You can keep a "want to watch"-list (or use an IMDB watchlist) and it will search for NZBs of these items every X hours. Once a correct release is found, matching the correct quality, it will download the .nzb to a specified directory.

Usage
-----
Extract and run the application. You may want to add it to your Startup folder.
The default time between folder scans is 120 seconds, this may be overkill for most, you could set it to 600 seconds (10 minutes) or even 3600 seconds (1 hour) if you want.

Changelog
---------
v0.1
-First release
-Hopefully does what it's supposed to

Download
---------
Mediafire
Great explanation there and good work - I'm using openelec so I'll have to sit this one out :-(
(2012-03-22, 01:45)Popeye Wrote: Atmorell and wireman99, I have a fix for your bug with file names. It's quite nasty and will require re-write of a big chunk of code...

Bug fix confirmed. Smile Thank you!

Feature suggestions:

Have you thought about implementing some sort of autoupdating, so users don't have to manual download the plugin zip file from github. Uninstall the old plugin and install the new version?

Would it be possible to implement some sort of rescue, when a movie is not downloaded fast enough? Maybe we could add a call to sabnzbd to check if the file is still downloading when playback is stopped by XBMC (not the user) Then display resume a resume dialog with the download ETA. This would be a huge improvement to the user experience!

What do you think?

(2012-03-23, 11:51)atmorell Wrote: Feature suggestions:

Have you thought about implementing some sort of autoupdating, so users don't have to manual download the plugin zip file from github. Uninstall the old plugin and install the new version?

Would it be possible to implement some sort of rescue, when a movie is not downloaded fast enough? Maybe we could add a call to sabnzbd to check if the file is still downloading when playback is stopped by XBMC (not the user) Then display resume a resume dialog with the download ETA. This would be a huge improvement to the user experience!

What do you think?

1. I just need to do a repo. The problem is it will require extra work for every release but I add it to the backlog.
2. Doable, the problem is that when resuming, you will start from beginning. Added to backlog...
(2012-03-23, 11:58)Popeye Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 11:51)atmorell Wrote: Feature suggestions:

What do you think?

1. I just need to do a repo. The problem is it will require extra work for every release but I add it to the backlog.
2. Doable, the problem is that when resuming, you will start from beginning. Added to backlog...

Maybe we could track the playback by writing position every 10th second to a XML file or similar.
(2012-03-23, 12:04)atmorell Wrote: Maybe we could track the playback by writing position every 10th second to a XML file or similar.

Had that in mind Big Grin . I'm unsure how XBMC behaves with long searches when the end is missing.. ref: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...r-seekTime
I have been reading earlier posts about earlier versions not working with apple tv 2 trying to stream over a network with sabnzbd running on another machine.

Has the latest version now sorted this problem? as i am just waiting for an apple tv 2 to be delivered.
(2012-03-23, 12:35)BaldJedi Wrote: I have been reading earlier posts about earlier versions not working with apple tv 2 trying to stream over a network with sabnzbd running on another machine.

Has the latest version now sorted this problem? as i am just waiting for an apple tv 2 to be delivered.

No. I don't have a ATV2 so the motivation is not really there and the problem is the way python in XBMC is accessing remote shares. Nothing easy to solve..
Ok...thanks.
(2012-03-23, 12:08)Popeye Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 12:04)atmorell Wrote: Maybe we could track the playback by writing position every 10th second to a XML file or similar.

Had that in mind Big Grin . I'm unsure how XBMC behaves with long searches when the end is missing.. ref: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...r-seekTime

If you're playing an incomplete file and seek past the downloaded portion, playback will end just like if the file was complete. OnPlaybackEnded() is even called =(

You'll have to calculate the equivalent play time you have downloaded based on the current file size and bitrate, then use min(requestedSeek, maxDownloaded -10) or etc (don't want to get so close to the end that the buffer is going to run out with normal playback). It's not a fun problem to solve.
(2012-03-23, 18:22)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: It's not a fun problem to solve.

I think a feature is more fun than a bug, like the current "cray-names" Big Grin
(2012-03-23, 18:22)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: If you're playing an incomplete file and seek past the downloaded portion, playback will end just like if the file was complete. OnPlaybackEnded() is even called =(

You'll have to calculate the equivalent play time you have downloaded based on the current file size and bitrate, then use min(requestedSeek, maxDownloaded -10) or etc (don't want to get so close to the end that the buffer is going to run out with normal playback). It's not a fun problem to solve.

BTW, thanks for your input. If I register the time the movie start playing and the total size, and later like every 10 seconds register time and size left, there should be a fairly good chance of calculating whats needed to resume...
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11