Android app will not connect
I am able to connect to the webui on my pc but I cannot get my app to work on the phone. I have followed the wiki and have this filled into my phone app
Name : Home
Host or ip-address: 192.168.4.108
http API port: 8082
Username:*****
Password:****
EventServer port 9777
Wifi Only checked
Access Point blank
Mac address Blank
Socket ream timeout 5000
Wait after WOL 40
WOL port 9

I have port 8082 and 9777 forwarded to my server. Cant figure out what the probelm is.
(XBMC) Settings-Network-Services
HTTP Port is the same.
Make sure the username is in all CAPS.
(Android App)
HTTP Port is the same.
Make sure the username is in all CAPS.

The username in all caps was my problem when I first tried to get it to work.
all settings are the same and i changed my username to all caps but still nothing
Your MAC address should not be blank. Double check your phone's wifi settings.
tensaidavis Wrote:Your MAC address should not be blank. Double check your phone's wifi settings.

Which mac address should I be using there.
What phone are you using?
tensaidavis Wrote:What phone are you using?

Droid X
http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem..._and_later
In the Problems section, there's a url that you can use to test your connection on your pc. Did you try the url on your Droid X?
Well that does not work on my droid. It does on my pc. And yes i put in the correct ip and port. Thankyou all for the help. I hope we
can get this working.
I'm just about out of ideas, but I'm not ready to give up yet. Need some more info.
XBMC version/OS
Android App version

Ocracoke3lite Wrote:Which mac address should I be using there.
The MAC address should be from your xbmc box
Not sure how to tell which XBMC i have but i just downloaded it a few months ago. ALso my remote is v0.8.5-beta1 revision 730
are you using XBMC on Win, Linux, Live, Mac, AppleTV?

You can find the XBMC version on the System Info screen. If you're using the Confluence skin, scroll down to settings and press right.
start by updating to the latest XBMC.

Make sure you have all the settings ON in xbmc for network access from outside computers.

Make sure the port you are using is forwarded to your XBMC system's IP address in your router settings, including the HTTP port AND the eventserver port (9777)

I didn't have to enter in a MAC address on mine, I believe that's only for the WOL functionality.
Windows
vinistois Wrote:I didn't have to enter in a MAC address on mine, I believe that's only for the WOL functionality.

I didn't have to enter the MAC on mine either, but I thought it might help.

Ocracoke3lite,
Can you verify that you have wifi working on your Droid X? It could be a wifi problem because your MAC address isn't populated automatically in the xbmc app settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android app will not connect0