iso files for entire seasons of tv shows
i am ripping my cartoon collection, most of which have 4 dvd's for an entire season. i don't quite understand the naming conventions for this. it doesn't show a thumb for the iso files of multiple episodes, and i think it's because of the names. does anyone know how i should be naming these files? also collections of say, looney tunes cartoons don't have thumbs for the files. any suggestions?
ok, i think i'm good. slow, but good.
s1e01e02e03e04e05 seems to do it.
Had the same "problem". The correct way to do this is:

1. Use e.g. DVDFab to Extract/rip episodes into separate .iso files. Take a bit of time and effort> payoff is worth it in many levels..
2. Open shows specs on TheTBDB.com and take the names/order there. These ARE not always the same than DVD episode order (e.g. futurama). Name the episode files as "S01E10-This is episode 10 of Season 1.iso" taken from the TVdb.com. If user is really pro, rename "iso sessions" disk name to season/episeode disk name also.. (s01E01 e.g.) in DVDFab .
3. continue this so that all episodes are in one folder "Tv-Series X".
4. In Xbmc browse to "video" and locate the folder where the new Tv series is. on top of this set content to "TheTVDb", "this folder contains one tv show".

Now everything is great.Oo

The point is to see beyond current need (why to have so much work..) I also reencode desired episodes into my cell / transcode them on the fly to my pad...
still having trouble getting the looney tunes golden collection iso to scrape. extracting separate cartoons and naming them individually is way to much work as there are hundreds. anyone know how to name the collections? i've tried using this link
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd

using s1e1e2 etc. no luck.
You might try using s01e01e02 and so on.
I have Phoenix Nights dvd's and want to know the same sort of thing. It's a VIDEO_TS folder though. Some TV series you don't want to rip individual episodes and want the menu/extras functionality...
sjw1 Wrote:I have Phoenix Nights dvd's and want to know the same sort of thing. It's a VIDEO_TS folder though. Some TV series you don't want to rip individual episodes and want the menu/extras functionality...

See my post here for info on using VIDEO_TS with TV shows
Thanks Tight Wad... I'm not going to try to profess to understanding regexp.. Smile
I have My structure like this:
TV Shows - in here are all the series names. Most folders have series with a sub folder (Series 1, Series 2) and then the episodes S01E01 etc. These work fine.
For the Phoenix Nights discs I have a folder called Phoenix Nights in the TV Shows folder and then 2 folders - Series 1 and Series 2. In each of those I have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders - and obviously within those folders are the DVD files themselves.
I have added the code from your post to my advancedsettings.xml file and scanned my TV Shows for new content. In library view I have Phoenix Nights listed - with a picture and brief summary text (so it is finding it - but was beforehand) - but there is no Series 1 or 2 listed when I go into it - just the '..' up a folder dots.
Any ideas?
Many thanks!
EDIT: I have renamed the 'Series 1' etc. folders to S01E01E02E03E04E05E06 and it sees the episodes now. Selecting any episode brings up the DVD menu - which I assume what would be expected?
If I did have an iso file instead would I just have the iso file in a folder called S01E01E02E03 etc.?
Thanks! Smile
tightwad i actually do have them named s01e01. i've tried a few versions. i guess the collections aren't listed in the database yet. just the individual cartoons. unless someone knows more than i do, which is pretty much a given...
After work I will fire up my test computer and see what I can find out. Is the only one of issue the Looney Tunes Golden Collection? If not, post up any others and I can try them also.
my current cartoon collections ( full seasons of simpsons etc. ripped to iso.) scrape w/o a hitch. the golden collection is my only problem.
I can pull any of these using this as my file structure:

\Looney Tunes\Looney Tunes s01e01e02e03e04.iso

or this

\Looney Tunes\Season 1\Looney Tunes s01e01e02e03e04.iso

These can be done with the e?? all the way to 14

How does this differ from the way you are doing it?
oh thank you! i didn't have them in season folders, and i think i had an extra underscore in there. thanks again!
wes paich Wrote:.. extracting separate cartoons and naming them individually is way to much work as there are hundreds..

True, I agree strongly. Despite the major work, benefits are to speak for them selves: easy to batch-transkode into divx's for mobile (proper name), navigation and searching directly to spesific episode in possible.... you know what I mean.
one more question about iso files with multiple episodes. in the library the episodes show individually, but clicking on an episode just starts the dvd menu. is this just how it works, or is there a setting somewhere that i missed.i'd like it to just play the episode. i'm just starting out with the video library and i'd like to make sure that iso's are the way to go. i do not want to compress the files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iso files for entire seasons of tv shows0