XBMC always on top
I'm encountering the same problems. With fakefullscreen disabled in the advancedsettings XML file, I get a black screen and the only thing I can do is press CMD+Q to exit. This is one of the few things that still bug me about XBMC, I don't have any other input devices (aside from a Harmony remote) hooked up to the computer. So I have to go and access it through VNC only to click a pop-up message away. I've tried approaching the problem from the other side: Keep OSX from giving me popups. That's possible for update messages I think, but impossible for things like 'hard drive removed unsafely' and a plethora of other warnings it seems to come up with Wink
I am surprised the need for this setting. Most unwanted notifications can be removed. You should research more into the ones that are particularly bothering you. Also google mackungfu book 1 and 2. They have several cool tips. Does Command T remove the notifications ?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I am running XBMC 12.2. Frodo on a MacBook with OSX 10.7 and, as others report, when I use the fakefullscreen option as advised here (and in advancedsettings.xml) i either get a black screen or XBMC hangs altogether. Either way i need to quit and remove this option and then all is well (except, no always on top option).

This makes me wonder whether there's a problem with XBMC choosing the wrong screen resolution (documentation does includ the cryptic warning "watch resolutions" that isnt explained?)
This no longer works with Eden. Do we have a current version of this fix?

Correction. It worked with Eden on my laptop (I only use it for occasional testing so I hadn't updated in forever), however when I tested this on my HTPC I also got the black screen. I upgraded my laptop to Frodo and it immediately started having the problem too.
Hej,

There is another solution that doesn't require to disable the fake full screen. One of the remote actions is "togglefullscreen", which will switch between window mode and full screen mode. If you map that action to a control (cec, web based), you will be able to change to window mode from the remote (regardless which app is currently in focus) and when you hit it again, it will go back to full screen with the focus, going back to the front of any nasty window that decided to show in front of your XBMC. This will allow you to see other windows (browse) while XBMC is running, and you will be able to give focus back to XBMC using the remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC always on top2