XBMC on Tegra2? 8)
i just found this little thingy.. i hope im not digging out an old post with this Wink

Trim Slice Tegra 2 Thingy

reaaalllyy tiny and energy saving and cool..and tiny Laugh
It would be awesome if you could throw xbmc live on this. The Tegra 2 might be powerfull enough for this.

Perfect for a movie night at a friends place, stick that tiny thing on and tv and control it with your smartphone maybe.

Any ideas if it could be possible?
I too have been looking at this today.

Nice form factor and power consumption, gpu is certainly up to the task but not sure about the CPU... Some discussion about the cpu here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1003141

ps Getting xbmc running on the ARM should be easy.
Tegra2 have problems decoding HD videos, better get an atom until tegra3 or omap4 gets out in the wild.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:Tegra2 have problems decoding HD videos, better get an atom until tegra3 or omap4 gets out in the wild.

I should have used search - You guys get all the toys Shocked

Good luck with

./configure --enable-tegra3
Sorry, I obviously mean ION and not just atom in general, the general atom is worse than the tegra probably Smile

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I have just read about this, it shows xbmc on the video, I take it it can't handle hd content
On a related matter does anyone know if the Asus Transformer tablet can run XBMC live on a microSD?

I'd like a dual purpose solution for running XBMC in the bedroom or use it as a tablet for about the house.
topfs2 Wrote:Tegra2 have problems decoding HD videos, better get an atom until tegra3 or omap4 gets out in the wild.

Last I heard this was only for high bit rate content that tegra 2 couldn't handle ?

Also it looks like they are official supporting xbmc on it since the logo is part of their promotional video ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:Last I heard this was only for high bit rate content that tegra 2 couldn't handle ?

Also it looks like they are official supporting xbmc on it since the logo is part of their promotional video ..

I don't have a tegra2 but from what I've heard from those that do it doesn't handle anything in certain codecs, no matter the bitrate essentially. VC-1 was one of those IIRC but according to http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-2.html they say it should be ok so render me confused Smile Starting to wonder if they have upgraded the SoC? Would love some tests from people with released devices, afaik no xbmc developer owns anything tegra2 related which is non-development version. Anyone with Xoom etc would be interesting

What video are you talking about btw?

tegra2 can handle mpeg2, vc1 and mpeg4 (both part 2 and part 10). Where it fails is decoding h264 (mpeg4 part 10) [email protected] and above.

Use mediainfo to check your content. If it says h264 [email protected] or above, then tegra2 cannot play it back without nasty artifacts.

tegra2 will NEVER handle h264 [email protected] and above. It's a hardware problem, not a firmware or software problem.

XBMC does have support for tegra2, to build it, you need nvidia's tegra2 Linux SDK and know how to cross-compile or setup a native dev on the tegra2 device itself. It's non-trivial. Mortals need not apply.

As far as I'm concerned, Tegra2 is a dead platform without h264 [email protected] support. 90 percent of the content out there is [email protected] so it's useless to continue any tegra2 efforts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Tegra2? 8)0