Boot screen and hdmi with ata card
Hi,

After some hours of work I got my XBMC live running, I installed from the cd to the harddisk. Then did all the configuration I needed. But as you may guess there are some things I cannot seem to get working right, so that is why I post here. My first issue is the boot screen, the colors of the 'loading' dots are not correct. Is this a known issue and is there something I can do about this. My second issue is, that when using a VGA cable everything looks just fine. Resolution is correct etc. But I want to use a HDMI cable the XBMC gui does not take up the full screen (there is a black border all around). I set my xorg.conf to use a 1920x1080 resolution, installed the ati drivers. As I am using my onboard ati videocard. Should i maybe update my drivers or set someting in the aticonfig? I am not a linux pro, but this little project has thaught me a lot about it. Hope you can help?

Greets,
Matthisk
Try the following

1. Exit from XBMC to the Console (shutdown menu and just exit xbmx)
2. at prompt type startx and press Enter
3. Right-Click on desktop and open terminal
4. type sudo amdccle and press Enter
5. adjust resolution to 1920X1080 and then in HDTV Tab adjust overscan slider to fill screen, apply, OK and then reboot

That worked for me with an ATI graphics card

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boot screen and hdmi with ata card0