Ability to delete an episode after watching it.
It would be nice to be able to turn on an option that prompted the user and asked them if they wanted to delete an episode after watching it just like a DVR does.
To learn more, click here.
This would be a great option to have.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
the average end-user would not benefit, seeing as then we'd all see posts saying:
Quote:I Just Watched X and where did my video go!
Quote:I wanted to watch X again and the video was gone!!

you could just press c on the keyboard (Context Menu), and delete that way.
isamu.dragon Wrote:the average end-user would not benefit, seeing as then we'd all see posts saying:

you could just press c on the keyboard (Context Menu), and delete that way.

It would be an option you could turn on, and again, it wouldnt delete automatically, you would have to say "yes".
Still, how many people complain already at the "Hide Watch Videos", and that is optional as well. Just saying Maybe create an addon for it, But IMO it shouldn't be part of the core.
DEFINITELY will never be part of core. Not to say the idea isn't a good one, it's just you have to understand that pebkac runs rampant in the ranks of users large and small.
I implemented this myself:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post767615
I guess it is a skinning issue?

I agree it should be an option, off by default.
To clear, you should get the question "do you want to delete?" - no autodelete.

On a related note it would be nice if you could switch off the "remove from lib yes/no" and go direcly to delete from disk confirmation.
vikjon0 Wrote:I guess it is a skinning issue?

I agree it should be an option, off by default.
To clear, you should get the question "do you want to delete?" - no autodelete.

On a related note it would be nice if you could switch off the "remove from lib yes/no" and go direcly to delete from disk confirmation.

It asks you if you want to delete, it doesnt auto delete.
IMHO implementing a feature like this is very dangerous ...
linuxluemmel Wrote:IMHO implementing a feature like this is very dangerous ...

It is optional and the prompt defaults to "No". They user would have to enable the option, and press "left" and "enter" in order to accidentally delete something.
linuxluemmel Wrote:IMHO implementing a feature like this is very dangerous ...

What is dangerous about this? The same thing was said when I brought up this feature previously (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83263). This is a feature every DVR on the planet has - I've never heard of rampant problems. Is the concern accidental deletion? It requires 1 less button press (4 instead of 5) than the current method of deletion, so I guess accidental deletion is slightly more likely - but either case is exceedingly rare. Why are people so strongly opposed to this feature?
teaguecl Wrote:What is dangerous about this? The same thing was said when I brought up this feature previously (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83263). This is a feature every DVR on the planet has - I've never heard of rampant problems. Is the concern accidental deletion? It requires 1 less button press (4 instead of 5) than the current method of deletion, so I guess accidental deletion is slightly more likely - but either case is exceedingly rare. Why are people so strongly opposed to this feature?

Opposed or not, Simplicity has it. Smile
igotdvds Wrote:It is optional and the prompt defaults to "No". They user would have to enable the option, and press "left" and "enter" in order to accidentally delete something.

It's actually much more complicated than this. To accidentally delete a file you would need to have:
1. enabled the "Delete after watching shows" prompt in the skin settings
2. enabled the "allow me to delete files" option in system settings
3. accidentally hit LEFT and then ENTER when prompted to remove the file from the library
4. accidentally hit LEFT and then ENTER again when prompted to actually remove the file from the filesystem

If you lose data using this feature, I don't know what to tell you.
teaguecl Wrote:It's actually much more complicated than this. To accidentally delete a file you would need to have:
1. enabled the "Delete after watching shows" prompt in the skin settings
2. enabled the "allow me to delete files" option in system settings
3. accidentally hit LEFT and then ENTER when prompted to remove the file from the library
4. accidentally hit LEFT and then ENTER again when prompted to actually remove the file from the filesystem

If you lose data using this feature, I don't know what to tell you.

LMAO. When you put it that way, not a bad feature to implement after all. Not exactly idiot-proof, but close.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to delete an episode after watching it.0