XBMC PPC weight-loss?
I've looked at XBMC many times before but have finally found a killer feature, for me I should add: WavPack with embedded CueSheet support.
Unfortunately my iMac G5 doesn't seem to enjoy running XBMC, it hogs CPU cycles and RAM. I was wondering if there's any way to put it on a weight-loss program? I'm only interested in audio playback and don't want a flashy skin or anything.
Going back to basics I'm looking for a PPC (OS X) Foobar2000 or DeaDBeeF and have come up short. DeaDBeeF is PPC but I haven't the foggiest as to how to get it running in X11, XBMC is the closest I've come to the functionality I'm looking for.
Big thanks for still supporting PowerPC though, it's nice to see.

Edit: it doesn't support embedded CueSheets, I had an external sheet hanging around in the folder, slight oversight but still better than nothing.
if you only use audio playback, why use XBMC.

Use itunes and cue2xml

http://www.gingerbeardman.com/cue2xml/
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
idioteque Wrote:if you only use audio playback, why use XBMC.

Use itunes and cue2xml

http://www.gingerbeardman.com/cue2xml/

I have tried that before but it's never worked, do you use it?
Took a while to find the ChapterTool executable in the first place and AudioBinder itself isn't maintained so I abandoned it a while back.
I use XBMC because it's the ONLY application that I know of that plays back WavPack with CueSheet support - OS X PowerPC. I used to use it for video but my PS3 handles all of that now.
I was just wondering if there are any services that can be disabled or whatever to make it run a little lighter, realise that my original post could've been clearer.
tagscuderia Wrote:I was just wondering if there are any services that can be disabled or whatever to make it run a little lighter, realise that my original post could've been clearer.

Not sure how much you can gain, but: disable RSS news feed (appearance settings), use a light skin (try SLiK)...

Nice to see people who still appreciate the ppc support ;-)
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Beenje Wrote:Not sure how much you can gain, but: disable RSS news feed (appearance settings), use a light skin (try SLiK)...

Nice to see people who still appreciate the ppc support ;-)

PPC support is an absolute boon, my G5 isn't slowing down anytime soon and things like XBMC are actually giving it a 2nd wind!
Cheers for the tips, I'll have a play later tonight.
Also hiding XBMC lightens the the CPU load nicely and is practical enough for music playback, nice to have full WavPack support for my Grado SR60s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PPC weight-loss?0