Suddenly NO SOUND ac3 - XBMC ATV2
Hi

I have Jailbroken ATV2 with XBMC 10.0.7 installed. iOS 4.1.1

XBMC always worked fine but now I have problems with sound (only movies that have AC3 sound have problems-no sound) all others are working fine.

Where is the problem?

My sound configuration in XBMC, ATV2
analog, 2.0

Please help

Thanks
Simon
remove FireCore's Media Player.
davilla Wrote:remove FireCore's Media Player.

Thanks man......solved the problem Big Grin
davilla Wrote:remove FireCore's Media Player.

Im on optical out with a 5.1 setup, xbmc installed with apt-get and seasonpass jailbreaked atv2 4.2.1 (4.1.1).
I do not have anything installed exept for xbmc, Ive turned off thumbnails and activated both dts and ac3 (dolby).

Still i only get static (kind of a scratchy sound) when trying to watch dolby digital or dts movies.

Any ideas what to try next?

I have tried the 1/4 nightly, but the issue remains.
presidenten Wrote:Im on optical out with a 5.1 setup, xbmc installed with apt-get and seasonpass jailbreaked atv2 4.2.1 (4.1.1).
I do not have anything installed exept for xbmc, Ive turned off thumbnails and activated both dts and ac3 (dolby).

Still i only get static (kind of a scratchy sound) when trying to watch dolby digital or dts movies.

Any ideas what to try next?

I have tried the 1/4 nightly, but the issue remains.

where is your digital out going? if it's to the TV, try turning off digital and DTS, your TV probably can't decode it
try this:-
Apple Support: Apple TV (2nd generation): Static or no sound
Hi!

Just install xbmc nightly build on a new apple tv(jailbreak it with seasonpass0 THE video seems to lag and i get no sound from my tv.

any help?

thanks!
OniFactor Wrote:where is your digital out going? if it's to the TV, try turning off digital and DTS, your TV probably can't decode it

It goes to a logitech z5500 which is both dts and dolby digital capable.
registered just to post this - solved static problem with optical out to dts receiver...turns out the volume on my tv had been turned on slightly by accident (all sound should be through my receiver, so I dont use TV speakers at all) and thats where all the static sound was coming from !!

I turned the TV down and the static disappeared - seems simple, but it had me fooled for days!!
I have the same problem, but I have no television connected; only my Integra receiver. I get the static no matter what sound setting I select. Any ideas?

Update:

I deselected Dolby digital from the audio menu in the settings; the static disappeared and the sound appeared. go figure. This stuff is black magic I swear.

Thanks, Rich
Rich Gibson Wrote:I have the same problem, but I have no television connected; only my Integra receiver. I get the static no matter what sound setting I select. Any ideas?

Update:

I deselected Dolby digital from the audio menu in the settings; the static disappeared and the sound appeared. go figure. This stuff is black magic I swear.

Thanks, Rich

Is this really solved? If you disable it, now the sound is in stereo, not surround.

I'm having this problem and trying to figure it out right now. mkv 720p BR rip. The video says it's DTS compatible in the XBMC info when playing the file, but when I enable DTS, I get static.
kennysabarese Wrote:Is this really solved? If you disable it, now the sound is in stereo, not surround.

I'm having this problem and trying to figure it out right now. mkv 720p BR rip. The video says it's DTS compatible in the XBMC info when playing the file, but when I enable DTS, I get static.

Just saw here that because I am running the nightly I shouldn't expect the audio to work correctly!

Sorry!

"Audio - Audio is semi broken in 4.3 until AudioEngine is merged in. If it works for you, great! If not, please hold off posting reports until AE is merged in."

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97246
You have to use the latest ios for resolving the static. (atv2 4.2.2, ios 4.3.x). There is an option for setting the sound to 16bit inside the appletv firmware. You also have to use one of the latest nightly builds.

Mentioned here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=804...tcount=155

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suddenly NO SOUND ac3 - XBMC ATV20