• 15(current)
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device
(2014-02-24, 08:48)Jmhthefirst Wrote: yes I think so. You only custom built the servers for me, I believe.

So are you not getting any long press menu? Or is just the "Create shortcut" option missing? There should be options for deleting/editing the selected launcher as well.
If I long press a launcher name nothing happens. A short press brings up the option to launch it "yes or no."
(2014-02-24, 09:40)Jmhthefirst Wrote: If I long press a launcher name nothing happens. A short press brings up the option to launch it "yes or no."

Interesting... You don't happen to have another device to try with? I've only tested the feature on a single phone, maybe there is some issue I haven't handled correctly...
Do you plan a Tasker plug-in for this nice app ?
(2014-03-15, 12:01)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Do you plan a Tasker plug-in for this nice app ?

I probably should since a few people have asked for it Smile

However, you can still use it with Tasker. The easiest way is probably to download the AutoShortcut plugin for tasker:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...toshortcut

With that you can setup shortcuts to Remote Launcher as actions in Tasker (the Remote Launcher shorcuts can be configured to start a specific launcher or send a WOL).

Hope that helps!
If anyone is interested, it is now possible to register for receiving beta versions of the app before they are publicly released.

To do so, join the "Remote Launcher beta" Google+ community:
https://plus.google.com/communities/1149...7921521657

If you don't have Google+ you can join the Google group instead:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/...ncher-beta

There is a beta for the free version available (full version will follow shortly). The new version includes major changes to the underlying build system and structure of the app but no new features. Some issues may be introduced because of this but it should ease further development.
Hi Owtroid,

I've installed your remote launcher server for android on MK 808B Plus (stock KitKat 4.4 rom), but it doesn't allow me to create a server. There's just 'hello world!" and the settings button doesn't do anything even when it's clicked on. Is there anything I've missed?

THank you for your help in advance.
(2015-02-23, 06:23)neil82 Wrote: Hi Owtroid,

I've installed your remote launcher server for android on MK 808B Plus (stock KitKat 4.4 rom), but it doesn't allow me to create a server. There's just 'hello world!" and the settings button doesn't do anything even when it's clicked on. Is there anything I've missed?

THank you for your help in advance.

I suppose you got the android server from a link I posted here? Unfortunately that is not a fully functioning server, more of a test with a few hard coded launchers. So you can't configure it or anything. You can probably connect to it and then you'll get a list of a couple of old Xbmc-launchers that I'm not sure will even work anymore...

Sorry about that...
Hi Owtroid,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I was referring to the android server from the link you posted here.

I see... So, there is currently no way of launching XBMC / Kodi remotely from the Remote Launcher app (or other remote apps like Yatse)?

Thanks again for your prompt response!
(2015-02-23, 13:34)neil82 Wrote: Hi Owtroid,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I was referring to the android server from the link you posted here.

I see... So, there is currently no way of launching XBMC / Kodi remotely from the Remote Launcher app (or other remote apps like Yatse)?

Thanks again for your prompt response!

I actually haven't checked but I assume that the package name for the android app has changed after they changed Xbmc -> Kodi. If it hasn't, the hard coded launcher might still work...
Hi Owetroid,

Was it to be used with the Remote Launcher app from Google Play? How would I set up the client end?? Oh, I get it now, there was meant to be a hard coded launcher to go with it. Where can I download the launcher app?

Sorry to bother you with an obsolete project!
I just figured it out! And it's working for both XBMC and SPMC! Thank you!

Now, how do I keep the server connected? Would the server stay in the background without getting killed?
(2015-02-23, 14:40)neil82 Wrote: I just figured it out! And it's working for both XBMC and SPMC! Thank you!

Now, how do I keep the server connected? Would the server stay in the background without getting killed?

Awesome Smile

It should stay in the background and it should even start itself after your device is restarted.
Great! thank you for your help!
After a long pause, finally some activity again! Version 0.3.10 of the full app is deploying now. The free version will follow shortly.

The only new feature in this version is the possibility to select custom icons/images when creating launcher shortcuts.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device1