Ubuntu 10 > XBMC 10.1 > Themes
Question 
I am having troubles accessing my themes on XBMC 10.1
I can only seem to download a small selection through XBMC directly. When I download a theme off the internet and copy it into my <username>\.xbmc\addons\ folder it won't show up? I name the folder "skin.skinname" like the other skins but it still won't show up in XBMC.

How do I manually install skins for XBMC 10.1?
assuming they are in the proper format, what you did is correct. but just renaming the folder does NOT make them in the correct format.
What do you mean by proper format?
Thanks

i mean just that. they need to be in the proper format. to work with 10.x. old skins are not.
Well I downloaded them directly from the theme site, and github, so I'm assuming they are in proper format? I was just wondering if XBMC themes for Ubuntu 10 needed to be formatted differently or something. Weird that they still don't pick up though?
revlimiter Wrote:I am having troubles accessing my themes on XBMC 10.1
I can only seem to download a small selection through XBMC directly. When I download a theme off the internet and copy it into my <username>\.xbmc\addons\packages\ folder

should be:
<username>\.xbmc\addons\
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sorry, type-o.. original post fixed.
<username>\.xbmc\addons\ was actually the folder I copied the skins over to.
Still not showing up in XBMC in the appearance panel as a selectable skin. It's just showing the ones that I download via XBMC directly. This download skin must be a new update with XBMC? I haven't seen it there before..

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated.
What skin is it?
Nothing to see here....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 10 > XBMC 10.1 > Themes0