Receiver for Logitech Harmony One
Now i have all the components and installed ubuntu 10.04 & xbmc
I plugged in the ir and try now to set it up with your guide.
Maybe i will have some questions.

1: (Step 2) For what is the line "sudo irw"? Nothin happens when i use it.
2: (Step 9) Where should i enter my ID and which ID? I have got a HP IR Receiver and i cant find the ID for HP? Could it be that i have a Philips Receiver? lsusb put out:
Bus 005 Device 003: ID 0471:0815 Philips eHome Infrared Receiver
3: (Step 20,21,22,23) terminal reutrns Error: Module lircmceusb does not exist in /proc/modules what should i do?
Quote:1: (Step 2) For what is the line "sudo irw"? Nothin happens when i use it.

irw is a program that will output the signals it receives in from the ir receiver you have. So running sudo irw tells it to run as the super user. It will look like it is doing nothing, since it just sits and listens for input.

That is why in the directions for step 3 it says:

Quote:Press some keys on your remote, nothing will likely appear on screen

That step is probably just to make sure you did not get lucky and everything just works out the box. If you do not see any output when you press keys on your remote while running irw, move on to step 4.

Unfortunately I do not know the answers to the rest of your questions. Maybe somebody else can point you in the right direction. Although if you are having problems, you may want to consider something like openelec, which is more an appliance install of xbmc. They work hard to get everthing to work out the box with what you have.
Smile 
bazzti Wrote:Now i have all the components and installed ubuntu 10.04 & xbmc
I plugged in the ir and try now to set it up with your guide.
Maybe i will have some questions.

1: (Step 2) For what is the line "sudo irw"? Nothin happens when i use it.
2: (Step 9) Where should i enter my ID and which ID? I have got a HP IR Receiver and i cant find the ID for HP? Could it be that i have a Philips Receiver? lsusb put out:
Bus 005 Device 003: ID 0471:0815 Philips eHome Infrared Receiver
3: (Step 20,21,22,23) terminal reutrns Error: Module lircmceusb does not exist in /proc/modules what should i do?
Hi Bazzti

Firstly, the instructions I posted are for XBMC Live. This may differ extremely if you've installed Ubuntu 10.04 and then XBMC. Best you check Ubuntu's forums for assistance.

BTW, Step 9, Make is a Philips, and Philips ID is 0471. Model is 0815.

I believe that IR Receiver should work out of the box. But don't Quote me.:confused2:
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Smile 
Sorry, double post. Don't know how to delete it.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I have an Harmony 300 and the control works in XBMClive with the IR receiver of the xbox original dvd kit.
Just thought to drop an update in case it helps someone else:

As long as you get a genuine HP receiver, it works fine. Getting part number P/N: 5188-1667 specifically is not necessary.
Hey guys, I'm wondering if the Popcorn Hour IRK-200 receiver would work as well? I have this one already together with a Harmony one.

Does anybody know if it would work or if it's essential to buy the HP one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Receiver for Logitech Harmony One0