ATV2 Win7 PuTTy - Network Error
Sad 
Hi folks, newbie here, go easy on me!

I've been lurking for a while and finally took the plunge and bought an ATV2 this week. I've Jailbroken it with Greenpoison for Windows and the process appeared to go thru' fine. I left it a couple of mins after the process finished (rather than just counting 40secs), then re-booted.

Now I'm stuck! I've never used PuTTy before and have now spent hrs trying to find an answer on the forums......

Basically, I load PuTTy and then type my ATV2's IP address into the Host file box and hit Open. It waits for about 20secs, then I get the Network Error Connection Timed Out.

In trying to follow the instructions on http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2, I then tried to put "$ ssh [email protected]" into the host box and now I get Connection Refused.

I've not idea what to try now, as I'm unfamiliar with SSH stuff. If someone could help me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks, Mark
356Speedster Wrote:Hi folks, newbie here, go easy on me!

I've been lurking for a while and finally took the plunge and bought an ATV2 this week. I've Jailbroken it with Greenpoison for Windows and the process appeared to go thru' fine. I left it a couple of mins after the process finished (rather than just counting 40secs), then re-booted.

Now I'm stuck! I've never used PuTTy before and have now spent hrs trying to find an answer on the forums......

Basically, I load PuTTy and then type my ATV2's IP address into the Host file box and hit Open. It waits for about 20secs, then I get the Network Error Connection Timed Out.

In trying to follow the instructions on http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2, I then tried to put "$ ssh [email protected]" into the host box and now I get Connection Refused.

I've not idea what to try now, as I'm unfamiliar with SSH stuff. If someone could help me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks, Mark

get rid of the $ you want root@(ip address) password alpine
try this too
Thanks for the reply, I'm now getting connected, but it doesn't like the alpine password! Are there other defaults that can get implemented?

I've managed to install XMBC via Nito, so I'm getting closer to streaming TV nirvana, but I'd still like to know I've got all the access I need to the device to back it up etc.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 Win7 PuTTy - Network Error0