Quieter4C best box for the price of 2023?
(2024-01-17, 18:11)izprtxqkft Wrote: are you also going to put a display, power supply and remote control in that pocket and live with just the media you pre-copied to the device though?
IDK why you think I need a portable device like this solely to watch media. It is useful for critical backups, unique content (personal and which one might be cumbersome to obtain again) and content being consumed/worked on currently.

Anyway, if I wanted to use it as a media server, there are TVs and USB power supplies pretty much everywhere I go. And yes, I don't consume content like the Netflix generation. My backlog is full for years to come and should I wanted to carry it all with me 4TB SSD is more than enough for that.

izprtxqkft Wrote:if you want a device that fits in your pocket all you need is a cellphone
I am pretty sure I know better what I need. Performance and storage capacity of cellphones are nowhere near portable x86 devices.
(2024-01-23, 19:40)guinot Wrote: IDK why you think I need

IDK why you think i was considering what "you need"

(2024-01-23, 19:40)guinot Wrote: a portable device like this solely to watch media

because this is the Kodi forum and the only reason to review a device here is for watching media

(2024-01-23, 19:40)guinot Wrote: I don't consume content like the Netflix generation

mildly condescending, i bet i'm older than you

(2024-01-23, 19:40)guinot Wrote: My backlog is full for years to come and should I wanted to carry it all with me 4TB SSD is more than enough for that.

not sure how to comment on this
i have enough content to last a few years in an apocalypse situation but it requires 60+TB of my NAS because for 1 i don't watch 320p low quality content and for 2 i want to watch my content in the full quality i paid for
and i wouldn't want to be limited by only the content i have now

(2024-01-23, 19:40)guinot Wrote: I am pretty sure I know better what I need. Performance and storage capacity of cellphones are nowhere near portable x86 devices.
storage capacity is limitless if you use modern media storage / cloud / nas / media server
i use jellyfin and all of my media is available to me at all times

again, if this is what You need then so be it, i'm not going to tell you what you need or want but you do seem a bit closed minded
(2024-01-23, 19:59)izprtxqkft Wrote: IDK why you think i was considering what "you need"
Because you were replying to me, used "what you need" and contrasted the form-factor I prefer with other options.

(2024-01-23, 19:59)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-01-23, 19:40)guinot Wrote: a portable device like this solely to watch media
because this is the Kodi forum and the only reason to review a device here is for watching media
Did you notice the word "solely"? "Device for watching media" is a file server too, especially if it's a fully-capable x86 system.

(2024-01-23, 19:59)izprtxqkft Wrote: mildly condescending, i bet i'm older than you
I was not addressing you in any way. I was clearly speaking about myself – what I am not and why I don't need huge storage. BTW, "Netflix generation" is about habits, not age. There's really no need to bring your age here, especially in such a ridiculous form as "I bet I'm older". Let alone you won't be able to prove it, LOL.

(2024-01-23, 19:59)izprtxqkft Wrote: i have enough content to last a few years in an apocalypse situation but it requires 60+TB of my NAS because for 1 i don't watch 320p low quality content and for 2 i want to watch my content in the full quality i paid for
and i wouldn't want to be limited by only the content i have now
I'm glad for you. I wasn't discussing your needs. You were discussing mine.

storage capacity is limitless if you use modern media storage / cloud / nas / media server
i use jellyfin and all of my media is available to me at all times
Again, I'm glad for you. But for some reason you continue to give me advice to eat apples instead oranges.
I didn't say I need limitless storage. And surely I don't need a box, let alone a cloud server.

again, if this is what You need then so be it, i'm not going to tell you what you need or want but you do seem a bit closed minded
Are you sure who is closed-minded here? I already described which form-factor I prefer and why. Is it really hard to understand?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quieter4C best box for the price of 2023?0