v18 No Timeshift options with latest Nighly
As there where recently new Timeshift lables introduced i thought i give them a try, but there wasnt any Timeshift available at all (even "Pause" didnt work.)

I use the same backend as for my "default" Krypton installation.

Hers the debug Log

Im on Windows 10 and use the latest MePo backend. (2.1.3) -> No Timeshift problems with Krypton.

Regards
(2018-08-27, 18:02)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: As there where recently new Timeshift lables introduced i thought i give them a try, but there wasnt any Timeshift available at all (even "Pause" didnt work.)

Hers the debug Log

Im on Windows 10 and use the latest MePo backend. (2.1.3) -> No Timeshift problems with Krypton.

Regards

This is a problem with the mepo pvr add-on.

Don't know exactly but either it does not implement the GetStreamTimes PVR add-on API at all or at least it does not 100% correctly.

We recently removed some hacks in the core and now some addon bugs might come to the surface.
One of my users also opened an issue: https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/30 - Haven't had time to actually verify the report.

Update: Verified and timeshift is working as intended…
I'm having the same issue with pvr.mythtv. Commands like Pause, StepForward/Back, BigStepForward/Back do not function with LiveTV. They work fine with recordings and other video files.
(2018-08-27, 23:40)cspack Wrote: I'm having the same issue with pvr.mythtv. Commands like Pause, StepForward/Back, BigStepForward/Back do not function with LiveTV. They work fine with recordings and other video files.

Same reason. The mythtv add-on must implement the PVR add-on API function GetStreamTimes. Currently it doesn't. Please open an issue with the add-on, if not already done
Reported this for HTSP/TVheadend. See https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/372
(2018-08-28, 09:51)suncore Wrote: Reported this for HTSP/TVheadend. See https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/372
 Seems to have been a false alarm. Thanks @ksooo for superfast feedback :-)
(2018-08-28, 09:54)suncore Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 09:51)suncore Wrote: Reported this for HTSP/TVheadend. See https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/372
 Seems to have been a false alarm. Thanks @ksooo for superfast feedback :-) 
If you have timeshift / pause problems on Kodi with Tvheadend, disable "on-demand" time shifting as a workaround. I think @ksooo is working to fix this.
(2018-08-27, 19:16)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 18:02)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: As there where recently new Timeshift lables introduced i thought i give them a try, but there wasnt any Timeshift available at all (even "Pause" didnt work.)

Hers the debug Log

Regards

This is a problem with the mepo pvr add-on.

Don't know exactly but either it does not implement the GetStreamTimes PVR add-on API at all or at least it does not 100% correctly.

We recently removed some hacks in the core and now some addon bugs might come to the surface.  
 @ksooo  What should GetStreamTimes() return if timeshifting is disabled?  According to xbmc_pvr_dll.h, CanPauseStream() enables/disables the pause button, and CanSeekStream() enables/disables rewind/forward buttons.  The addon I'm working on returns false for both of those, however on the windows port, it continues to allow pausing, unless PVR_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED is returned from GetStreamTimes()

(It does however, behave as expected in the RPI port...)

So what is correct?

Thanks!
The streaming API was not designed by me, sorry. And it's a long time I implemented it for pvr.hts... Easiest is to look how other pvr add-ons do it. Good examples are pvr.hts or pvr.vdr.vnsi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Timeshift options with latest Nighly0