XBMC Kai Features updated!
in addition to a number of fixes, here is a list of new kai features now present in the xbmc cvs on the 14th nov 2004:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>new features</span>

'auto-play' from harddrive

configure your games directory in the kai settings screen
e.g. f:\games

now whenever you're in an arena, clicking the 'play' button will automatically launch the associated game from your harddrive, provided it is located in a sub-directory of the one you specified in the settings screen.  if no matching game can be found, you'll be prompted for the game disc as before.

'kai toast' notifications

whenever one of your buddies signs in, sends you an invite or tries to start a voice chat with you, you'll get a pop-up message to inform you.  this works even while watching a movie.  by default this feature is enabled, you can disable it in the kai settings screen.

network status dialogs

xbmc will now provide helpful error dialogs; if there is a connection issue with your pc, your xtag and password is wrong or you've simply lost connectivity, you'll know about it.

'my avatar'

your avatar and xtag nick are now displayed on-screen. you can configure your avatar by managing your account at the http://www.teamxlink.co.uk website.

---

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>notes</span>

modes

there are 3 modes in xbmc's kai screen, friends, games and arenas.

* friends lists your contacts.

* games lists *only* the games that you own / or have played on your xbox that are compatible with xlink.  if there are any games you think are missing from this list, please contact the xlink moderators who maintain this list.

* arenas list all xlink supported games, arranged by platform, genre and title.

voice chat

xbmc supports speex voice chat over kai.  this means that with a headset (xbox live communicator) plugged into your controller, you'll be able to speak to all your buddies (contacts), whether they're using a similarly-equipped xbox or pc.  headsets are relatively cheap and are supported in a lot of multiplayer games - so add to your enjoyment and invest in one.

for the moment you're limited to talking with your buddies, but in future we hope to bring you voice chat with other players in private arenas.

invites

if you spot one of your buddies online you can send them an invite, simply choose a game, and if you like, customise a personal message.  they'll get a pop-up notifying them of the invite which they can read and easily accept.

XBMC Project Founder (Retired)
how do i get it? i don't know how to use the cvs to download anything except the packages (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles...p_id=87054), whitch you have not updated for weeks.
the virtual keyboard (mine at least) does not allow to type ":\" in the path field. maybe you should make it choose the drive first, then the path. it worked with source file edited with default set to "f:\games".
(cotcot @ nov. 14 2004,22:14 Wrote:the virtual keyboard (mine at least) does not allow to type ":\" in the path field. maybe you should make it choose the drive first, then the path. it worked with source file edited with default set to "f:\games".
use the @ key...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

runtime :bowdown:
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
very nice !
:o
Sad 
does this mean a compiled version will be out shortly??
how do you access the kai settings? when i launch kai from xbmc off the 11/14/2004 build, i get nothing.
just tested this out
only noticed so far that the weather channel didnt work from install other than that..

kai works great on the 1st try, little trouble on exiting and getting it to go again but played 25 minutes no problems

web radio and movie trailers works no problem
yea!!!!

very nice update....2  :thumbsup:
(mrhyde69 @ nov. 15 2004,02:49 Wrote:does this mean a compiled version will be out shortly??
please
thank you so much this build is pure quality  :p xbmc just keeps getting better keep up the good work guys  :kickass:
this will bring xbmc ahead from more and more dashes.

thanks to team-avalaunch for the speex port, and to runtime to implement it into xbmc.

xbmc is now realy interactive with online gaming and chatting.

top notch job, as always! Smile

(well, i am a bit biased, but who cares... Wink )

and to the people asking for builds and/or dates for new builds:

never!

we never have, and never will, release any binaries as they are not legal.

please consult the forum rules or read this:

Quote:by downloading something you agree with our disclaimer & will comply with the gpl license.
we do not support usage of the xdk (microsoft xbox™ sdk), please do not ask "how to use".
*for legal reasons xbox™ binaries will not be released by us until a non-ms compiler is available (please do not ask for any files not posted here). support the opensdk project.

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/download_files.htm

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i dont understand the usage of these cvs addresses. ive tried sourceforges guide but it is of no help.

were can i download the source?
(adamscybot @ nov. 15 2004,10:54 Wrote:i dont understand the usage of these cvs addresses. ive tried sourceforges guide but it is of no help.

were can i download the source?
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/fo...f=8;t=5934

follow that guide...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Kai Features updated!0