Kodi Community Forum
.mkv stuttering playback?? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: .mkv stuttering playback?? (/showthread.php?tid=108546)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Hitcher - 2011-09-15

a11599 Wrote:To rule out (or in) the DXVA related changes made on July 28, would you mind installing XBMCSetup-20110727-33fcf32-master.exe, then replacing XBMC.exe in your XBMC installation directory with this one? Then ofcourse play some problematic files to see whether you have dropped frames. Smile

The .exe I linked is identical to the one in XBMCSetup-20110727-33fcf32-master.exe + just two commits: {53583f1b60b912a04d34c4b3896a1c77ff1ecf3b - DXVA rendering for software decoded material - thanks isidrogar} and {30a90701ecff5ac147796d4dadc9c08924a90c27 - [fix] - process mouse buttons only on button release [...]}. I do not seem to exhibit the issue with this .exe, but it is very hard to detect on my hardware without DXVA deinterlacing.

Also, if you still have XBMCSetup-20110803-1738a4f-master.exe, would you please upload it somewhere for others to test?

Installed 20110727-33fcf32-master.exe and replaced the XBMC.exe as asked and I've had no problems so far.

This is with DXVA2 acceleration and Pixel Shaders render method.

- CrystalP - 2011-09-15

nbraybrook in your debug log it looks like dxva hardware acceleration is not activated so the CPU is probably struggling, dropping frames, catching up, ...
Also some files with DTS soundtracks were not created properly and are difficult to play correctly. You can try remuxing.

- a11599 - 2011-09-15

So far, so good. So it seems like it is not the DXVA renderer PR which is causing the problems (this was the biggest change between the two versions regarding DXVA).

- nbraybrook - 2011-09-18

CrystalP Wrote:nbraybrook in your debug log it looks like dxva hardware acceleration is not activated so the CPU is probably struggling, dropping frames, catching up, ...
Also some files with DTS soundtracks were not created properly and are difficult to play correctly. You can try remuxing.

I have tried remuxing the files, and tryed with DXVA on and off, any every possible combo, I dont think its the processor, 3.2ghz quad core should be enough to decode 720p video...

- bluray - 2011-09-18

nbraybrook Wrote:I have tried remuxing the files, and tryed with DXVA on and off, any every possible combo, I dont think its the processor, 3.2ghz quad core should be enough to decode 720p video...
what is the rest of your hardware and how it is connected?

- Hitcher - 2011-09-18

nbraybrook Wrote:I have tried remuxing the files, and tryed with DXVA on and off, any every possible combo, I dont think its the processor, 3.2ghz quad core should be enough to decode 720p video...

Patch for recent dxva stutter/skip problem

- CrystalP - 2011-09-19

yes you could be having the same problem as the others in this thread.
xbmc has known problems with some dts in mkv that even remuxing doesn't fix. Re-rip if you can.
I don't know the details, except that it's really difficult to derive good timestamps from those sound tracks.

- nbraybrook - 2011-09-21

If I install that patch will all my xbmc settings stay the same or do i have to setup everything again?

- nbraybrook - 2011-09-23

Sad

- Hitcher - 2011-09-23

No need patch anything as this is now in the nightlies.

- javidan - 2011-10-03

Hello everyone / bluray

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm having audio problems, at least once or twice during the movie I'm losing the audio for a while. There is no interruption in the video streaming, (i.e. the movie continue to play). Usually the sound comes back after a "Silence" of few minutes. Needless to say it's very annoying watching a movie this way...
A separate problem is that while watching the movie “The Driver” the video is in “slow motion” but the sound is fine. (but this problem is this specific movie only!)
I’m currently using the xbmc 10.0 Dharma Version .0.1.12 Icefilms on windows vista Dell laptop pc. Connected to Denon AV receiver via Intel ® HD audio HDMI. (Driver version 6.10.0.2064)
I read the whole thread and realized that I need to upgrade almost every component So my question is someone can detail the steps that I need to take and it what order to bring me up-to-date?

Thanks,

Josh

- bluray - 2011-10-04

javidan Wrote:Hello everyone / bluray

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm having audio problems, at least once or twice during the movie I'm losing the audio for a while. There is no interruption in the video streaming, (i.e. the movie continue to play). Usually the sound comes back after a "Silence" of few minutes. Needless to say it's very annoying watching a movie this way...
A separate problem is that while watching the movie “The Driver” the video is in “slow motion” but the sound is fine. (but this problem is this specific movie only!)
I’m currently using the xbmc 10.0 Dharma Version .0.1.12 Icefilms on windows vista Dell laptop pc. Connected to Denon AV receiver via Intel ® HD audio HDMI. (Driver version 6.10.0.2064)
I read the whole thread and realized that I need to upgrade almost every component So my question is someone can detail the steps that I need to take and it what order to bring me up-to-date?

Thanks,

Josh
can you change the settings of your htpc power plans in control panel to High performance?

- javidan - 2011-10-04

bluray Wrote:can you change the settings of your htpc power plans in control panel to High performance?

Bluray,Thank you for responding. Yes I can! would it help, is that's all I need to upgrade? it suppose to solve the "silence" issue, the "stuttering " / "slow motion" of "the Driver " movie?

"fyi- never try to be smarter than the person you ask for help. if you don't like their answer, you can simply ignore it!" Huh
Bluray, this is my first post on this thread, I'm not sure what you referring to. from reading this thread I learned that you seems to have a lot of knowledge and I'll appreciate your help and advise.

Thanks,
Josh

- Yappa - 2011-12-13

CrystalP Wrote:yes you could be having the same problem as the others in this thread.
xbmc has known problems with some dts in mkv that even remuxing doesn't fix. Re-rip if you can.
I don't know the details, except that it's really difficult to derive good timestamps from those sound tracks.

I see. Well, I found a Full HD file with a TrueHD audio track that doesn't play properly on my Win 7 X64 (Intel i5 750, 4 GB RAM, GF 570, XBMC latest nightly) setup when using CPU mode. I get tons of frame drops. Same goes for slightly older nightlies and Dharma 10.1.

Screenshot CPU mode with stats (fps and dropped frames)

When I switch to DXVA though, then everything seems perfectly fine. Zero drops.

Screenshot DXVA mode

The xbmc.log say the following:
http://pastebin.com/FmaJDkKz

Could someone please do me the favor and test the 150 MB sample file that I uploaded? Just to confirm that it's really the file and not my system. Thanks. Smile
Download link of the sample file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BWW1ZWCP

- bluray - 2011-12-13

javidan Wrote:Bluray,Thank you for responding. Yes I can! would it help, is that's all I need to upgrade? it suppose to solve the "silence" issue, the "stuttering " / "slow motion" of "the Driver " movie?
Thanks,
Josh
Did you try it? I suggested it because my AsRock E350M1 has this problem with "Balance" power option. It work fine with "High Performance" power option.

One other note- you need to make sure that all the drivers are up to date too!Smile