NVIDIA GT520 HDMI issues
Hello forum,

New build with major GPU audio issue:

It looks like the NVIDIA driver for my GT-520 GPU card will not produce sound to all 8 channels on my AVR but only L,R HDMI stereo sound. In the audio device settings my HDMI out is listed as L,R, stereo and when I do the 7.1 speaker setup, the test tones give out sound To my front left and right channels only. SO... I uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio driver and let the Microsoft HD Audio driver install(Default), then I get 8 channel PCM(NO DTSHD/DDHD audio codecs tho') to my AVR.

Ive tried installation disc drivers as well as the updated drivers at NVIDIA website with the same results. Am I doing something wrong or did I forget something? I have been searching the net but have yet to find a solution for this....any suggestions? Other than this...a seemless build with little problems at all!
i dont bitstream HD-Audio but you need the correct filters to do so and you need windows7 mainly,,,,

XBMC DHARMA doesnt bitstream HD-Audio so,
you'll need to use an external player for that
such as MediaPLayerClassic....

Looks like XBMC EDEN will be able to bitstream HD-audio..

So i suggest you use MediaPlayerClassic and
tweak it bitstreams hd-audio...
Here's a guide you can follow
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/02/...pc-part-i/

once it works for yah,
simply edit XBMC to launch MediaPLayerClassic when watching a movie...

~hope this helps
you can try these guides-

1. install new driver- geforce driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough
4. download- darma 10.1
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file with hd audio and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

if you want to use 7mce to playback hd audio, you can use these steps to pass-through dts-hd and truehd codecs to your avr via hdmi:
1. download- w7 codec pack
2. download- shark007 32bit. if you're running w7 x64, you have to download this too- shark007 64-bit
3. follow this step by step visual instruction after 1&2 downloaded and the settings have to be correct for it to work properly- dts-hd and truehd pass-through
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I had a question about Step# 5

Do I put this new Folder inside the XBMC Folder? under Program Files. I did that and clicked on the XBMC.exe inside the XBMC HD Audio folder and I get some errors. Some file is missing and then some virtual something is not available. (I'll have the specific errors this evening)
leungly Wrote:I had a question about Step# 5

Do I put this new Folder inside the XBMC Folder? under Program Files. I did that and clicked on the XBMC.exe inside the XBMC HD Audio folder and I get some errors. Some file is missing and then some virtual something is not available. (I'll have the specific errors this evening)
no you don't need to place xbmc_hd_audio folder inside dharma xbmc folder. you can simply place xbmc_hd_audio folder on the desktop for easy access. you still can use xbmc in dharma 10.1 folder too, but you wouldn't get hd audio.

there must be something missing in your htpc. pls verify the error to find the root cause.
bluray Wrote:no you don't need to place xbmc_hd_audio folder inside dharma xbmc folder. you can simply place xbmc_hd_audio folder on the desktop for easy access. you still can use xbmc in dharma 10.1 folder too, but you wouldn't get hd audio.

there must be something missing in your htpc. pls verify the error to find the root cause.

You know what... I tried to unzip the pre-eden XBMC HD folder to my desktop and launch it but it kept crashing prior to loading making me then have to launch the T. manager and disable the process... SO.. I then unzipped the pre-eden folder to the dharma xbmc folder and I finally got some success but not fully...

Once I got over pre-eden crash issue i then found that my DTSMA files won't produce audio and my AVR display blinks/flashes between PCM and DTSMA in an unstable manner like its trying to figure out what type of audio to play. All DDTRUE and core DTS files play just fine.... Any Suggestions?:confused2:
CpTHOOK Wrote:You know what... I tried to unzip the pre-eden XBMC HD folder to my desktop and launch it but it kept crashing prior to loading making me then have to launch the T. manager and disable the process... SO.. I then unzipped the pre-eden folder to the dharma xbmc folder and I finally got some success but not fully...

Once I got over pre-eden crash issue i then found that my DTSMA files won't produce audio and my AVR display blinks/flashes between PCM and DTSMA in an unstable manner like its trying to figure out what type of audio to play. All DDTRUE and core DTS files play just fine.... Any Suggestions?:confused2:
your htpc may not have the correct hd audio codecs to support it. you may need to do these steps below to make sure that your htpc is capable of bitstream hd audio with external player first, and then you can use pre-eden.

1. install these codecs- w7 codec pack
2. install the latest ati or nvidia video driver
3. install hd audio codecs- high definition audio codecs
4. install- mpc-hc
5. in control panel, setup sound as shown below:
6. configur ffdshow as below:

if you can bitstream dts-hd/truehd with mpc-hc, you should be able to bitstream it w/ pre-edend afterward. bitstreaming is the hardest thing to configure in htpc. good luck!

ffdshow continue next post because xbmc allows 6 photos per post!
ffdshow continue-
Thanks Blu...

I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.. Just a reminder tho', I can bitstream DD True HD without any issues within MPC and the pre-eden XBMC folder using the guides you have already provided its just the DTSHD files that are having issues..

Will keep you posted after I attempt your new suggestions so please stand-by!!
bluray Wrote:no you don't need to place xbmc_hd_audio folder inside dharma xbmc folder. you can simply place xbmc_hd_audio folder on the desktop for easy access. you still can use xbmc in dharma 10.1 folder too, but you wouldn't get hd audio.

Downloaded Visual C++ Redistributable 32bit and that seemed to fix my errors. Problem Solved. Looks good to go. Thanks bluray.
leungly Wrote:Downloaded Visual C++ Redistributable 32bit and that seemed to fix my errors. Problem Solved. Looks good to go. Thanks bluray.

on win7 x64 or x86, and with pre-eden xbmc, u do need Visual C++ Redistributable 32bit
bluray Wrote:ffdshow continue-

Ok,

So I got HD audio going thru MPC both DTS and DD, but its still a no go for DTSMA thru pre-eden XBMC... and i'm struggling with trying to get MPC to launch with dharma, I'm following the guide to the letter but no successNo
are you trying to bitstream DTS-HD MA using a Xtreamer Ultra??

hope not,
eskro Wrote:are you trying to bitstream DTS-HD MA using a Xtreamer Ultra??

hope not,

oh no... not thru the Xtreamer but thru my i3 build... and I can bitstream HD with no problems thru MPC both formats its just the pre-eden XBMC thats giving me the DTSMA headache..
honeslty, pre-EDEN is pre-EDEN,,,,
unLess the official XBMC 11 is released,
i woudnt break my head and try to make things work if they dont....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA GT520 HDMI issues0