• 41(current)
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
jetske Wrote:Thank You,
All sorted out now, exactly as you said.
Wow the sound difference is amazing with DTS HD, I dont understand why its not standard in XBMC?
Why is your set up not just in the basic download, it works so well.
Thanks Steve WinkNod
I'm glad that it work out for you. To answer your questions, I don't know either! :confused2:
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:Can't wait for that day, but it will not be Beta 2! Laugh

What makes you say that? This guy here has done something with them:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=995...tcount=910
ambar Wrote:Thanks Bluray,
Is it possible to create a rule that only MKV files with HD audio will be played by external player?
As i mentioned in previous posts i like very much the XBMC's internal player and would like to use the external player only for HD audio movies...
A rule that check also the name of the movie for ex, if there is a DTS-HD or TrueHD will open external player and all others will be played with internal player...

10x

Bumb
Hi there,
I would like to setup xbmc to play only HD audio movies with the external player while all others using internal player. Will it work?
jetske Wrote:Thank You,
All sorted out now, exactly as you said.
Wow the sound difference is amazing with DTS HD, I dont understand why its not standard in XBMC?
Why is your set up not just in the basic download, it works so well.
Thanks Steve WinkNod

Because it is still seen as unfinished, both audioengine and pre Eden are quite old, the build is from June/July (Eden is still in beta 6 months later) and doesn't work for certain people. I found that it plays the audio fine but crashes when using a large library.
T800 Wrote:What makes you say that? This guy here has done something with them:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=995...tcount=910
I saw that, but it seems that Gnifs is not in the mood of having him in the same thread. He is not XBMC developer either. I root for Gnifs to merge it with future beta! Smile
ambar Wrote:Bumb
Hi there,
I would like to setup xbmc to play only HD audio movies with the external player while all others using internal player. Will it work?

I did have mine set up to play .ts or .m2ts files with MPC as none of my files with HD audio are in .mkv. You could set it up to suit file extensions or resolution via the playercorefactory.xml or just have MPC as an option when selecting "play using" in the context menu.
bluray Wrote:I saw that, but it seems that Gnifs is not in the mood of having him in the same thread. He is not XBMC developer either. I root for Gnifs to merge it with future beta! Smile

Maybe if hack kid was asked via PM to build it for us?
ambar Wrote:Bumb
Hi there,
Setup XBMC external player for bitstream is probably the easiest route for now, and you can use my guide from this thread- Working External Player Solution.
T800 Wrote:Maybe if hack kid was asked via PM to build it for us?
You can try it, and let us know how it turn out!
T800 Wrote:Because it is still seen as unfinished, both audioengine and pre Eden are quite old, the build is from June/July (Eden is still in beta 6 months later) and doesn't work for certain people. I found that it plays the audio fine but crashes when using a large library.

Ok, I am not familar with the terms of pre eden, audio engine (please explain) I am using EDEN 11.1 I have over 4.5 Teribites of movies and it does crash on me "sometimes" requiring a restart, but I find it better than Darma 10 which would not play a single entire movie for me without skipping and jumping forward or back 1 to 2 minutes at a time, no body seemed to have a solution for this either.....EekHuh
jetske Wrote:Ok, I am not familar with the terms of pre eden, audio engine (please explain) I am using EDEN 11.1 I have over 4.5 Teribites of movies and it does crash on me "sometimes" requiring a restart, but I find it better than Darma 10 which would not play a single entire movie for me without skipping and jumping forward or back 1 to 2 minutes at a time, no body seemed to have a solution for this either.....EekHuh

I have only been using XBMC for a year myself.
AFAIK Pre Eden is any nightly version of Eden before the beta's. You are probably using Eden 11 Beta 1 not Eden 11.1.
I imagine they will have a few betas before a full release of Eden 11. If something is missed or needs changing after the full release you might see a Eden 11.1.
Eden 11 Beta 2 runs a lot better than Beta 1 imo. My i3 build hasn't had any problems at all.

AudioEngine is a complete reworking of the audio part of XBMC (music, video soundtracks GUI sounds, everything). The build of pre Eden that many are using to get HD audio was created June/July last year which is 6 months old. Eden has changed since then and is nearly finished, the AudioEngine is still a way off. So even though many do get HD audio from that build some things don't work or it is just buggy in general.
T800 Wrote:I did have mine set up to play .ts or .m2ts files with MPC as none of my files with HD audio are in .mkv. You could set it up to suit file extensions or resolution via the playercorefactory.xml or just have MPC as an option when selecting "play using" in the context menu.

Thanks for the tip.
I edited the playercorefactory.xml to use MPC only for HD audio streams by looking the file name for "DTS-HD", "DTS-MA", "trueHD".... now its working the way i want Smile
Hopefully we'll soon have a XBMC version with stable HD audio stream
Hi,

Can i configure MPC to exit when i click on Stop button (as in the internal player)?
BTW, I'm using HP media center remote

10x
ambar Wrote:Hi,

Can i configure MPC to exit when i click on Stop button (as in the internal player)?
BTW, I'm using HP media center remote

10x
Yes, you can setup MPC-HC in Option/Key as shown in my screen shot below to exit:

MPC-HC Keys:
Thanks bluray for the guide, as I can now play TrueHD content through launching the alternative XBMC.

For some reason most of my DTS/AC3 content will not work through this, however I can just launch the regular XBMC when not watching HD Audio content. The audio will also have slight breaks every now and again (0.5s of silence).Your link to the realtek driver did not work, however I ended up downloading the ATI HD driver from the realtek site...perhaps thats whats causing the problem?

Using a combo of both will however do me fine until the final Eden release (which I assume will have this inbuilt as std?)

Thanks again.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd7