• 5(current)
[REQUESTS] Aeon MQ 3
I think for the most part the skin looks good, speed improvements would be very nice (Specially in the main menu).

Also being able to disable clearart on the paused screen in the videos section would be nice.
I love the skin, it's plenty fast for my HTPC but both I and my family keep going back to Confluence after a short use. Here are the main reasons why:

1. We love using regular mode, not library. The favorite view is Wall. But you can't activate anything but List view in regular mode. I have no clue why.

2. In Wall view, it's hard to tell where you are on the list. There is no beginning and no apparent end. You just keep scrolling endlessly hoping to find what you want. The scrollbar in Confluence really helps you see where you are, near bottom or top. This is very helpful when doing sorting by Date Added and wanting to get to the top of the list.

3. Wall view is way to congested. You see all these small tiles and it's an effort to focus on something trying to read the name of the movie. I really like the Confluence in this respect that shows fewer tiles, has space between then and, most importantly, has a uniform naming under each move cover/tile. That way you don't have to look at the picture and read the name that is not always easy to read especially when going through movie list fast, especially when you are finding a move by the title. I'd love to see an option to have a similar to Confluence presentation in Wall view.
Speed increase Smile

And, I dont know if there is a way already to do this, but quick searching in menus perhaps?
i.e. when in music and listing by artist could I press '3' twice on my remote to type 'E' which in turn quickly sends you to that part of the list rather than having to scroll all the way though?

thanks
drunken_prozac Wrote:Speed increase Smile

And, I dont know if there is a way already to do this, but quick searching in menus perhaps?
i.e. when in music and listing by artist could I press '3' twice on my remote to type 'E' which in turn quickly sends you to that part of the list rather than having to scroll all the way though?

thanks
Already possible...search for JumpSMSKey...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
spasstek Wrote:I love the skin, it's plenty fast for my HTPC but both I and my family keep going back to Confluence after a short use. Here are the main reasons why:

1. We love using regular mode, not library. The favorite view is Wall. But you can't activate anything but List view in regular mode. I have no clue why.

2. In Wall view, it's hard to tell where you are on the list. There is no beginning and no apparent end. You just keep scrolling endlessly hoping to find what you want. The scrollbar in Confluence really helps you see where you are, near bottom or top. This is very helpful when doing sorting by Date Added and wanting to get to the top of the list.

3. Wall view is way to congested. You see all these small tiles and it's an effort to focus on something trying to read the name of the movie. I really like the Confluence in this respect that shows fewer tiles, has space between then and, most importantly, has a uniform naming under each move cover/tile. That way you don't have to look at the picture and read the name that is not always easy to read especially when going through movie list fast, especially when you are finding a move by the title. I'd love to see an option to have a similar to Confluence presentation in Wall view.
You should give a quick look into XBMC Skin Development if your only issue is Wall view. Some of the issues you have, I would say, are quite easy to fix with just the smallest amount of background in how the layout engine works. If you find yourself with the time, you may benefit yourself and the community by designing your old version of the Wall view and posting it here... maybe it can be introduced as a separate view-type entirely.
SlyMaelstrom Wrote:You should give a quick look into XBMC Skin Development if your only issue is Wall view. Some of the issues you have, I would say, are quite easy to fix with just the smallest amount of background in how the layout engine works. If you find yourself with the time, you may benefit yourself and the community by designing your old version of the Wall view and posting it here... maybe it can be introduced as a separate view-type entirely.

all this will be resolved in the eden build of xbmc we are doing away with the library all views should be visible in files
Would it be possible to have the tv guide the same way NEON has it.... with the clearart displaying the next time airing without actually clicking the tv guide to view it...

Also maybe this is already possible...in multiplex view how can I make the movie cover a lil larger??

love the skin///by far the best... thanx
Assuming I haven’t missed the functionality in MQ2, I’d like to be able to place images over every default image via the display rather than via the xml files as to put it bluntly I’ve no idea what to do with xml files to change them. The ‘all albums’ image is a prime example. I use the artist search in music and when they have more than one item the ‘all albums’ icon displays in wall as the default image and it kind of spoils it.

Also I have a lot of music from movies. I’d love to be able to select a separate movie clip as fanart behind each track on the album.

Cheers for the continued effort to create such a great skin for us

PS Please forgive in advance any ignorance on my part if these can already be done and I’m not on the ball enough to have realised Smile
andrewf Wrote:Assuming I haven’t missed the functionality in MQ2, I’d like to be able to place images over every default image via the display rather than via the xml files as to put it bluntly I’ve no idea what to do with xml files to change them. The ‘all albums’ image is a prime example. I use the artist search in music and when they have more than one item the ‘all albums’ icon displays in wall as the default image and it kind of spoils it.
I agree with this... while I don't want to mention any gripes with the default images, regardless of what they look like, they certainly spoil the flow of an interface once it's filled with fanart. Personally, I'd settle for whatever the artist "cover" image is for "All Albums", but greater customizability is never a bad thing. I'd love to be able to replace any and all default images through an interface.

Speaking of which... gah, I don't like the new(er) Play/Pause/Stop/FF/Rewind/etc buttons in the OSD. It's one of the reasons I still use MQ2 1.6. I would, at least, love to see a few options in appearance for things like these.
All in all, MQ2 is a skin of great functionality and layout, and I use it as my main skin, but it lacks two things :
- the sleek elegance and details of the graphics components (buttons, dialogs, panels etc.) that other skins have. Looking at reFocus, Alaska Revisited, the upcoming Welo ... all these are modern and stylish looking skins, which, in my opinion, isn't valid for MQ2. MQ2 is graphically closer to the standard Confluence, for example, which also have quite not up-to-date looks.
- the speed. Although overall running fine on my Atom525/4GB RAM, MQ2 still dies from time to time for seconds, which can be very annoying.

So, in my opinion - keep the functionality, keep the layout and work for a better/modern looks and greater speed.
Hi,
Thank's for your fantastic work.

If posible, I would like and option to start XBMC MQ3 directly (whithout windows views....)
jodit Wrote:Hi,

If posible, I would like and option to start XBMC MQ3 directly (whithout windows views....)

Huh
jodit Wrote:Hi,

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93731
and
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37492
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
+1 for speed...
I would love it to be lightning fast and still look as gorgeous on my ION HTPC.

But if it means that it wont look as good, then stuff the speedups Smile

Aeon MQ2 is my favourite skin, looks so good.

What about an option that it keeps automatically downloading new screens, maybe changing once a week, or once a month, so that its not the same image.
Maybe creating it to link to some site or somewhere and just change it now and then.
My full HTPC build log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129352
Core i3-2120T 2.6Ghz, 4gb Kingston DDR3, mSATA SSD, Moneual 312 Case, GT520 GPU
i'd love for the scrollspeed in long lists to be definable in settings, i've got a logitech harmony one as remote control, set up and working flawlessly, but when i use the down arrow on it (or on the keyboard for that matter), it scrolls too fast for me to keep up. If that scrollspeed would be settable, i could change it to be slower, and other people who like the fast setting could still use that. Thanks in advance and keep up the great work marcos Big Grin it's a beautiful skin already, can't wait to see what you will come up with next Big Grin
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUESTS] Aeon MQ 30