• 9(current)
play Bluray iso with xbmc
(2012-08-06, 20:35)firmhand Wrote: Sorry if I missed an answer to this problem along the way. I just started using XBMC . Tried loading bluray iso's and mkv from library and i get black screen with Scene bar at the bottom, but perfect sound. If i right click on the screen the picture loads for a second and if I click the x in the top right hand corner a file menu pops up and also a playing now icon and the movie is playing full screen in the background, picture and all. This also happens if I click I click the homw icon. The main menu will pop up with the movie playing in the background... Any ideas anybody. Sorry if this has been covered before .
Have you enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks bluray, tried as you sugessted, no change
(2012-08-06, 21:59)firmhand Wrote: Thanks bluray, tried as you sugessted, no change
Have you try different view mode as shown in my screen shot below?

Thanks again bluray, but no luck.. I did also notice the same 'symptom' when i played clips from add-ons (previews) and also two or three times now my system has shut down without warning, so i'm wondering if it is a codec issue, if this sounds possible to you , any ideas... Mkv files are playing fine with vlc and the iso's are playing fine with a Elaborate bytes clone drive and hpmedia smart combination.
(2012-08-06, 23:51)firmhand Wrote: Thanks again bluray, but no luck.. I did also notice the same 'symptom' when i played clips from add-ons (previews) and also two or three times now my system has shut down without warning, so i'm wondering if it is a codec issue, if this sounds possible to you , any ideas... Mkv files are playing fine with vlc and the iso's are playing fine with a Elaborate bytes clone drive and hpmedia smart combination.
You never list your hardware.....

If you have not update the latest driver, you can update one of the driver from here- AMD, Intel or Nvidia......

Thanks bluray

windows 7 home premium
Amd phenom II x4 processor 3.00ghz
8.00 gb ram
64 bit os

ati radeon hd 5400 graphics

Not sure if it makes any difference, was running iso's through hd media smart, but have now installed powerdvd 11. Both run iso's perfectly but not through xbmc.
tried updating griver but my pc just went to bluscreen
(2012-08-12, 14:27)firmhand Wrote: tried updating griver but my pc just went to bluscreen
Is it blue screen during driver update?

Can you make sure that XBMC is setup as shown in my screen shots below-

Thanks bluray
All settings are as in your pics, tried running all types video files. All with the same effect as described earlier.

yep pc turned to bluscreen during driver update, then dumped. Tried it three times now, all with same effect. Restored pc fine afterwards. Used windows to check for updates and it told me all drivers are up to date.. But windows wont let me send a log file with the problem in it.
(2012-08-12, 20:19)firmhand Wrote: yep pc turned to bluscreen during driver update, then dumped. Tried it three times now, all with same effect. Restored pc fine afterwards. Used windows to check for updates and it told me all drivers are up to date.. But windows wont let me send a log file with the problem in it.
It have nothing to do with XBMC then. The issue is related to your GPU driver and Windows 7.....the latest AMD driver is 12.6-

thanks bluray,
That's what i thought, I'll try xmb on my lap to or my wifes pc just for grins, It's a shame because i realy like the way the rest of it worked, the best media player I've seen so far.
just a follow up, installed xmbc on my wifes pc, which is lower spec than mine, but with a gforce graphics card, and would you believe it, worked like a charm. My wife thought it was funny as hell of course. Would switch pc's over but mine is the main media centre running through the tv....Oh well

thanks again bluray for your time and patience.
(2012-08-12, 22:39)firmhand Wrote: just a follow up, installed xmbc on my wifes pc, which is lower spec than mine, but with a gforce graphics card, and would you believe it, worked like a charm. My wife thought it was funny as hell of course. Would switch pc's over but mine is the main media centre running through the tv....Oh well

thanks again bluray for your time and patience.
I'm glad that you got it to work......Nod

With proper Windows and GPU driver updates, your PC should work fine. You might want to consider re-installing Windows and update GPU driver......

Thanks bluray,
I had an defunct pc hiding under my desk that I'd forgotton about, I took the graphics card from there ( nvidia galaxy ) swapped it over with the one in my pc, donloaded the most recent driver and it works great, so now i have a couple of hours free , gonna play with some of the add ons as I my son told me there's an app that will show artwork and descriptions of movies..
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to configure the advancedsettings.xml, playercorefactory.xml and the PlayIso.bat for a my friend. In my friend's pc I have installed XBMC Eden 11.0 (no nigthly) with Aeon Nox Skin and I want use PowerDVD to play Bluray iso...

This is advancedsettings.xml :

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
<args>-fs</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

And this is playercorefactory.xml:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Alessio\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayIso.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*bluray*" player="PowerDVD">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Then i is the PlayIso.bat:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "%1"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe" "E:\BDMV"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

But doesn't works...
when I play bluray iso I have a pop up that say me to click "OK" when the external player finished. But PowerDVD doesn't start! I think because VCD doesn't mount the iso...I don't know why.
Can you help me?I want solve it...

I have Xbmc on my pc..a version pre-eden (at the moment I don't remember the number of version) with Showmix skin and works perfectly with PowerDVD11.
(2012-09-23, 18:49)Killus3 Wrote: But doesn't works...
when I play bluray iso I have a pop up that say me to click "OK" when the external player finished. But PowerDVD doesn't start! I think because VCD doesn't mount the iso...I don't know why.
Can you help me?I want solve it...

You can try the iso codes below. Make sure to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output.

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "%1"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe" "E:\BDMV"

(2012-09-23, 18:49)Killus3 Wrote: I have Xbmc on my pc..a version pre-eden (at the moment I don't remember the number of version) with Showmix skin and works perfectly with PowerDVD11.
Unfortunately, PDVD12 is not the same as PDVD11. Cyberlink decided to change the startup routine.........
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
play Bluray iso with xbmc0