Zotac releases ZBOX nano
CpTHOOK Wrote:WOW...cute toy, but for my son!...lol Whomever picks this one up I'm interested in how long they would last B4 pulling thier hair out trying to navigate through a Skin like AEON and what's with this benchmark score? And wait... 1080p?.. this is not ION based GFX, in fact , scores lower than 2nd gen ION?? Why pay over a few hundred for somthing like this when you can build one way better..NoI'm just sayin'

You`re a little clueless. Any Zacate (E-350/E450 APU) has h.264/VC-1 hardware decoding and can playback 1080p/i high bitrate material without issues, including HD audio bistreaming.
steve1977 Wrote:This is indeed the most interesting question. With XBMC-Eden (dirty regions), an SSD drive, and DDS-fanart, I have some hopes though. Looking for someone to try it out.
Aeon MQ3 without DDS & dirty regions enabled works well on a Zacate. Not flawless but ok.
GreenEyez Wrote:You`re a little clueless. Any Zacate (E-350/E450 APU) has h.264/VC-1 hardware decoding and can playback 1080p/i high bitrate material without issues, including HD audio bistreaming.

Laugh Easy cowboy... no need to break out the pom-pom's and start cheerleading quite yet, but can the Realtek ALC892. (2 channel high definition audio support) bit-stream HD audio..? Analog 7.1 lpcm is the feature listed...
CpTHOOK you are kinda coming of as a dick here, not sure if thats the plan or not. And no I am not calling you a dick. for a lot of people this is exactly what they are looking for, not everybody needs to have a flamethrower to watch movies in their bedroom. A nice small, quite, box like this is perfect for many, many people. I have a "adult" computer for my main HTPC but I for one am seriously looking at a couple of these for other places around the house.
CpTHOOK Wrote:Laugh Easy cowboy... no need to break out the pom-pom's and start cheerleading quite yet, but can the Realtek ALC892. (2 channel high definition audio support) bit-stream HD audio..? Analog 7.1 lpcm is the feature listed...

Yo @CpTHOOK, you should do your Homework better, before posting. All Zacate Boards can Bitstream HD Audio through their ATI 6310 APU over HDMI. The Realtek chip is for analog only high definition audio
http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-amd-e-350-a...lus-u.html

I think it is great little HTPC or a browsing - downloading Desktop PC but the price needs fixing. You can build a powerful mini-itx HTPC in this price. If only AMD Fusion could support flawless the Linux OS this could be a "killer product"
avpap Wrote:I think it is great little HTPC or a browsing - downloading Desktop PC but the price needs fixing. You can build a powerful mini-itx HTPC in this price. If only AMD Fusion could support flawless the Linux OS this could be a "killer product"
As a current zacate owner I completely agree with this statement. You could build a barebones mITX i3 for about the same price but it is going to be in a much larger footprint. Basically zotac is charging you an arm and a leg to get this reduced foorprint. If they priced the barebones unit at $200 and openelec gets AMD working well with XBMC then I think these things would sell like crazy.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
chepnut Wrote:cpthook you are kinda coming of as a dick here, not sure if thats the plan or not. And no i am not calling you a dick.
Wink
wow...

I'm sure this will be an interesting product when released but with that price tag... Wink, I just don't know.

...and on that note, I will conclude as I don't want to get shot too many more times..
This has been discussed a lot of times. Some look for the cheapeast, some for the fastest, some for the prettiest, some for the smallest, others want a good compromise between all..

For example, I wanted something small that could do 1080p fine and with integrated IR. The Asrock 330ht had that.. it wasn't the cheapest or the fastest, but it does it's job well. Everyone has different priorities, and this small unit will fit in the market for sure.
if it had a price tag in the UK and was available today i would buy one to play with...money burning a hole in my pocket
civil discussion please...name calling will not get us anywhere!

as like any electronics on the market, working for one person entertainment system doesn't mean that it is going to work in another person entertainment system!

for example- the e-350 in my asrock mobo works flawless in my mini-htpc, but some others have problems with it!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Can it run xbmc and bitsream dts-hdma audio to my recevier with the audio engine branch? Is so then i might consider this one instead of the vision 3d for true hd sound.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
alex84 Wrote:Can it run xbmc and bitsream dts-hdma audio to my recevier with the audio engine branch? Is so then i might consider this one instead of the vision 3d for true hd sound.
yes!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
This looks sweet! I like it. Hopefully someone gets it and gives us a review.
Its just a e350. It can do anything the ones you buy on newegg can do...I cant get bitstreaming HD audio to work on mine myself. Following "bluray"s sig mine zacate e350 lags and stutters like a son of a gun and is not collecting dust under my desk.
I didn't think it deserved a whole new thread, but I spotted a different model of Zotac Zbox Nano:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zotac-NANO-VD01-...05&sr=8-15

It has the VIA Nano X2 U4025 dual-core, and VX900H media processor, and Chrome 9 graphics.

At £145 it is about £45 cheaper than the barebones Zotac Nano AD10 on Amazon.

What do you think of this? I don't know much about this hardware. Could it run XBMC with video acceleration? Or would the driver support be even worse than Fusion?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac releases ZBOX nano0