• 42(current)
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
bluray Wrote:You can try it, and let us know how it turn out!

He said no. Or should I say he shouted no, at me.
T800 Wrote:He said no. Or should I say he shouted no, at me.
He is probably been told by XBMC developer not to mess around with Gnifs codes. It's not a good idea to mess around with developer codes (AE) while developer "Gnifs" is developing it. He's trying his best to develop (AE) with little to no help by other developer!

To me, XBMC should make HD audio a high priority and give Gnifs the resource and help he needs to complete it! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:He is probably been told by XBMC developer not to mess around with Gnifs codes. It's not a good idea to mess around with developer codes (AE) while developer "Gnifs" is developing it. He's trying his best to develop (AE) with little to no help by other developer!

To me, XBMC should make HD audio a high priority and give Gnifs the resource and help he needs to complete it! Smile

I thought anyone could compile XBMC code come github? Isn't that where this AudioEngine build came from in the first place?
He could have also could have been as polite as I was.
you're free to compile AE branch or any other XBMC branch yourself - but expect it to be buggy. Also I think no dev has anything against pull requests if one is eager enough to dig into this topic and fix issues.
T800 Wrote:I thought anyone could compile XBMC code come github? Isn't that where this AudioEngine build came from in the first place?
If there is improvement or offer better solution than the original, everyone can do that.

T800 Wrote:He could have also could have been as polite as I was.
Not everyone have the same manor! Smile
Now that VLC can support encrypted Blu-Ray, I am curious if this can be ported to work w/in XBMC?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5461/vlc-h...capability

I am sure VLC could be called out as an external player, but for the same reason I do not have HD Audio currently, external players are not an ideal solution.
Wanilton has done it again! Big Grin
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?P...63#msg5663

New AudioEngine build.
bluray Wrote:two ways to playback blu-ray in 1080p video with dts-hd and truehd audio:

xbmc option-
1. install the latest ati or nvidia video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough
4. download- darma 10.1
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file with hd audio and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

windows 7 mce option-
1. download- w7 codec pack
2. download- shark007 32bit. if you're running w7 x64, you have to download this too- shark007 64-bit
3. follow this step by step visual instruction after 1&2 downloaded and the settings have to be correct for it to work properly- dts-hd and truehd pass-through

Which hi def codec download do I wan forr my nvidia card?Is multiple downloads there.

Do I even want to follow that? It seems to refer to Dharma, not Eden.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
T800 Wrote:Wanilton has done it again! Big Grin

New AudioEngine build.
T800- that is good stuff. It's just a matter of time before it include in XBMC download version!
patseguin Wrote:Which hi def codec download do I wan forr my nvidia card?Is multiple downloads there.

Do I even want to follow that? It seems to refer to Dharma, not Eden.
You can simply download "Nvidia" latest driver and ignore the other drivers.

When I have time, I'll try the latest AudioEngine....
bluray Wrote:When I have time, I'll try the latest AudioEngine....

Hey bluray - I know you'll see this here, so just an update for you and those waiting for an integrated HD-audio solution.

Gnif, the developer of the AudioEngine branch, has resumed coding work and done a tremendous amount in the last two weeks. I've been fortunate enough to help him out on the WASAPI (Windows) side so he can concentrate on the ALSA (Linux) side and the core itself.

We've been coding, testing and tweaking including performance testing core parts of the code to try find the right balance between low latency and some tolerance for other events like python threads and other CPU activity. Some audio dropouts are happening as we're setup for extremely low latency on higher-end machines, but we'll be adding advancedsettings options for buffer sizing to reduce those occurances on lower-powered machines.

The latest code still has a few issues (largely breaking things as features get added and code reworked) but there's very definite progress. I think for every attempt to just focus on stability a new little feature get's thrown in, as dithering of 16-bit sources (a good thing) did just this past weekend.

There is still enough to do that gnif doesn't want to release binaries yet, but folks can feel free to follow the thread and compile versions of their own if they are capable of doing so independently.

There's a build floating around just done by Wanilton on the 29th, and he picked a lucky date to grab the source, because it was a very stable build, but hard-coded with very low latency buffers, so most users will find drops in the audio, as mentioned above.

Anyways, development has been going full-tilt, and ppl can watch the progress in the thread or on the main repository at GitHub. I'm now using it as my primary player, but I also have access to and knowledge of the various tweaks, so I wouldn't recommend it for eveyone now. But it's *this* close Big Grin
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
blu ray you are the king.
@dddamian- thank you for the updates, and thank you guys for all your hard works. When I have time, I'll try out the latest AE....I hope that HD audio will become XBMC option in XBMC next release! Smile
T800 Wrote:Wanilton has done it again! Big Grin

New AudioEngine build.
wow it workes thanks
I gave Wanilton a little advice over in the VoxCommando forums, so he re-compiled with the recommended buffer sizes for most systems and posted it here:

Note that this is unsupported without debug logs etc, and is already a bit out-of-date, but should give most users the functionality of a working, Eden-based HD-audio platform. Smile

EDIT: Sorry guys - removed link. Wanilton re-compiled with the correct buffer sizes but with code dated after a bug had been introduced, making it actually less stable than post #622 above.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd7