XBMC Pre Eden freezes when a bluray is inserted
After putting those 2 files into the folder and editing them correctly the Blu-Ray disc will still stall XBMC. The Blu-Ray doesn't even play anymore, just sits on Buffering forever. Before upgrading to Eden (on 10.1) the Blu-Ray Would Not stall XBMC and would play flawlessly to PowerDVD 10 only using a playercorefactory.xml which I posted a couple up. The problem is not the external player, or the XML file it's a setting in XBMC. I have tried a number of different discs to no avail. Not sure what more I can tell you.
TheFonz Wrote:After putting those 2 files into the folder and editing them correctly the Blu-Ray disc will still stall XBMC. The Blu-Ray doesn't even play anymore, just sits on Buffering forever. Before upgrading to Eden (on 10.1) the Blu-Ray Would Not stall XBMC and would play flawlessly to PowerDVD 10 only using a playercorefactory.xml which I posted a couple up. The problem is not the external player, or the XML file it's a setting in XBMC. I have tried a number of different discs to no avail. Not sure what more I can tell you.
Sorry, I'm not sure why either. I used the same external codes on my HTPC, and it worked fine with Eden. Huh
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Can you verify the files?

1. Double click on "PlayDisc.bat"- if PowerDVD directory is correct, it should open PowerDVD.

2. Double click on "Playercorefactory.xml"- if the codes are correct, it should launch it without any error.
I have a different sort of problem with BD playback. Sometimes it works, and other times XBMC becomes extremely unresponsive and/or freezes up completely. It just seems to depend on the disk.

Also worth noting is that with Any DVD HD (full registered version not the trial version) it does not decrypt the disk in the background, it actually minimizes XBMC to show that it's doing such a good job at decrypting the disc and you have to use a mouse/keyboard to bring XBMC back up.
voip-ninja Wrote:I have a different sort of problem with BD playback. Sometimes it works, and other times XBMC becomes extremely unresponsive and/or freezes up completely. It just seems to depend on the disk.

Also worth noting is that with Any DVD HD (full registered version not the trial version) it does not decrypt the disk in the background, it actually minimizes XBMC to show that it's doing such a good job at decrypting the disc and you have to use a mouse/keyboard to bring XBMC back up.
You can give this XBMC external player a shot- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup. You'll have the luxury of XBMC front-end and smooth playback with external player. These external player codes works great on my HTPC's. Smile
bluray Wrote:Can you verify the files?

1. Double click on "PlayDisc.bat"- if PowerDVD directory is correct, it should open PowerDVD.

2. Double click on "Playercorefactory.xml"- if the codes are correct, it should launch it without any error.

Hi, I have the same problem with bluray discs. I followed your guide but I still couldn't make it work properly. PlayDisc.bat opens PowerDVD correctly and Playercorefactory.xml has the correct path to the .bat file, but still XBMC freezes every time I insert a bluray disc.
I would really appreciate some help.
I was never able to fix the problem. I bought a new HTPC (not because of this issue Laugh) and didn't experience it again.

It has definitely nothing to do with incorrect Playercorefactory.xml or PlayDisc.bat. It seems only certain drives are affected. I have an LGBH10LS now which works without any issues.
Hey.
I have got the same issue with eden freezing. I use AnyDVD HD to make BD ready for XBMC. With Dharma that worked just fine. With Eden (beta1) on my PC, too.
My HTPC is a Zotac ZBox with an integrated slimtype BD ROM attached as an USB to sata device by manufacturer. Those BD that won´t be played in XBMC and make it freeze I can play with PowerDVD on the HTPC. And playing those BD on my regular PC with XBMC I obtain no problems. It just works fine. And I do not see the difference. Both maschines are setup just a week ago. Same Software, same updates. Even the Installation and App folder were copied over to see if it changes something.
So, let´s compare, you freezing guys, what we´ve got incomon cause it seems its a problem between software and hardware and the blueray we use.
The not working so well BD-ROM is: Slimtype BD E DL4ETS USB.
Like I said it works with some BD but not with all of them.
Any clue? Should we setup a bug report?
Might it be a USB-Drive issue? I don´t know the source code here, and what is defined as a BD ROM.
kirtash12 Wrote:Hi, I have the same problem with bluray discs. I followed your guide but I still couldn't make it work properly. PlayDisc.bat opens PowerDVD correctly and Playercorefactory.xml has the correct path to the .bat file, but still XBMC freezes every time I insert a bluray disc.
I would really appreciate some help.
You might want to visit your motherboard and BD-ROM websites to see if there is update available for optical drive. I tried the same bat and xml files on my three HTPC's with different motherboards and BD-ROM brands. I helped several others through PM's, and their HTPC's works fine with Beta 1 using the guides in my link too.
bluray Wrote:You might want to visit your motherboard and BD-ROM websites to see if there is update available for optical drive. I tried the same bat and xml files on my three HTPC's with different motherboards and BD-ROM brands. I helped several others through PM's, and their HTPC's works fine with Beta 1 using the guides in my link too.

Hey Blue!
I guess you are right. This is nothing about settings. Its some hardware/software issue on our htpcs with eden and the blueray ROM or MB. But I don´t get, why this can be an issue. Is there anything in the xbmc code concerning hardware? Because my BD itself works fine with dharma (and AnyDVD HD) and with PowerDVD as frontend as well. Only with eden it freezes and checks the disc over and over again.
Somebody knowing anything about this?
makromorphago Wrote:Hey Blue!
I guess you are right. This is nothing about settings. Its some hardware/software issue on our htpcs with eden and the blueray ROM or MB. But I don´t get, why this can be an issue. Is there anything in the xbmc code concerning hardware? Because my BD itself works fine with dharma (and AnyDVD HD) and with PowerDVD as frontend as well. Only with eden it freezes and checks the disc over and over again.
Somebody knowing anything about this?
It's very strange that it works on some HTPC's and doesn't work on some HTPC's. I'm Huh too!
Hi bluray.

I have testet the playcorefactory and the three bat files. I'm using the TMT5.

Everything works fine with playing discs and BDMW except that i want the mkv and avi files to play with xbmc and not any external player. Can't get it to work.

Any ideas?? hoping for help with this.

Thanks
bluray Wrote:You might want to visit your motherboard and BD-ROM websites to see if there is update available for optical drive. I tried the same bat and xml files on my three HTPC's with different motherboards and BD-ROM brands. I helped several others through PM's, and their HTPC's works fine with Beta 1 using the guides in my link too.

Thanks for replying Big Grin. I'll check if there are any available updates for my hardware and hope that solves the issue.
Sorry for the late reply guys. Since several of you want TMT5/PDVD11 to playback just blu-ray .bdmv/.iso files and PlayDisc option, and you want XBMC to playback all other files (.m2ts/.mkv/.avi/.mp3), I generated a Playercorefactory just for you. The .bat files remain unchanged. Here is a new Playercorefactory file- (playercorefactory.xml).
bluray Wrote:Sorry for the late reply guys. Since several of you want TMT5/PDVD11 to playback just blu-ray .bdmv/.iso files and PlayDisc option, and you want XBMC to playback all other files (.m2ts/.mkv/.avi/.mp3), I generated a Playercorefactory just for you. The .bat files remain unchanged. Here is a new Playercorefactory file- (playercorefactory.xml).

Many Thanks bluray. It work perfekt now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Pre Eden freezes when a bluray is inserted0