unRAID problems
I have been trying to post this on the unraid forum for the last few days now but I keep getting:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can someone try posting there to see if it works for them?

I have contacted Lime-Technology but had no response yet regarding the forum. I have tried another user profile and other computers but no luck.

This is what I wanted to post just in case anyone on here can help:

"I'm running 4.7.
I've had a 8 x 2TB drives and one 2TB parity for a while now. I had one other 2TB pre-cleared 3 times ready for use.

Our next child was due this week so I thought I would do the last bit of work on the server and fit the 5in3 bay caddy I had so it was all finished. I also added the precleared drive to the array because I was running out of space.

Strange thing was it didn't see the new disk (sde) as cleared. My only option was to clear it via the GUI so I did.

After it was added to the array I did a parity check and got 488371093 sync errors!!
I ran it again and got 16 errors. Ran it again and got 4. Did a powerdown, checked all cables, started up and ran it again and got 20 errors.

Here the syslog for the two days during all this:
http://pastebin.com/3LuyyNQz

I'm not sure if the new drive and the sync issues are related but i would imagine they are.

The baby was born yesterday and will take up most of my time but I could also do with getting to the bottom of these sync errors. If anyone could help me whats wrong or what to do next that would be great.
Thanks

I'm not sure if running it a few times was the wrong thing to do or not."
T800 Wrote:I have been trying to post this on the unraid forum for the last few days now but I keep getting:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can someone try posting there to see if it works for them?

I have contacted Lime-Technology but had no response yet regarding the forum. I have tried another user profile and other computers but no luck.

This is what I wanted to post just in case anyone on here can help:

"I'm running 4.7.
I've had a 8 x 2TB drives and one 2TB parity for a while now. I had one other 2TB pre-cleared 3 times ready for use.

Our next child was due this week so I thought I would do the last bit of work on the server and fit the 5in3 bay caddy I had so it was all finished. I also added the precleared drive to the array because I was running out of space.

Strange thing was it didn't see the new disk (sde) as cleared. My only option was to clear it via the GUI so I did.

After it was added to the array I did a parity check and got 488371093 sync errors!!
I ran it again and got 16 errors. Ran it again and got 4. Did a powerdown, checked all cables, started up and ran it again and got 20 errors.

Here the syslog for the two days during all this:
http://pastebin.com/3LuyyNQz

I'm not sure if the new drive and the sync issues are related but i would imagine they are.

The baby was born yesterday and will take up most of my time but I could also do with getting to the bottom of these sync errors. If anyone could help me whats wrong or what to do next that would be great.
Thanks

I'm not sure if running it a few times was the wrong thing to do or not."

Well...first off, congrats on the new kid. What did you name her/him?

Sounds like you have a bad drive. If your system was golden prior to adding new drive to array I would investigate the new drive although pre-clear did not display any error to you I'm assuming?...which is very strange. Before you panic I would take that new disc in for exchange so at least we can rule out bad new drive as supposed to parity drive! If you grab a new drive and still have issues, then sorry to say, you will have to investigate parity for errorsSad

Strange that you could not post this in unRAID... I can try and post for you if U'd like!!Big Grin
Congrats! Congrats!

I am pre clearing at the moment im on the last stage #10 and it's been 21 hours... woot!
Maybe you have a bad disk....

Can't say much since im a noob.

But Congrats! must be a great feeling having a child.
Thanks guys,

We called him Benjamin Michael, weighed 9lbs.

It is great, this is our second. There's nothing quite like it.

I've sussed the unraid forum problem. I was trying to post with a link to pastebin, once I removed that it was fine but thanks for the offer.

I'm currently running a memtest so I will see what that says. I could remove the new drive then build parity again and see what it's like.

I'm a bit concerned that I might have damaged some drives when I fitted the caddy. I had to bend down some 5.25" bay lugs and two had to be hammered down. I didn't think it would matter with it being powered off and them being rubber mounted but maybe the shock damaged them??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unRAID problems0