Replacing video card
eskro Wrote:its been said that the GT520 might struggle in the deinterlacing department
becuz it has less Stream Cores to facilitate the job!

It has more than enough cores (48, that's triple a G210 / ION2 and the same as a GT220 which also was able to cope with the advanced deinterlacers).
Beer40oz Wrote:It's not LAN lag... hence I tried it directly from the same pc. I think it's a Win7 and Nvidia driver problem.
Because everyone else who uses ATI + windows 7 don't have that problem.
Can you describe what you mean by this macroblocking?
For me the FF seems smooth enough. When I try rewinding backwords it is very choppy and then when i stop rewinding it plays very fast for a few seconds. Very difficult to get it to rewind to a desired spot. However, the 'back button' rewind 1 min function works perfectly.
Is this macroblocking ?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
this is what we mean

outatouch0 Wrote:When I try rewinding backwords it is very choppy and then when i stop rewinding it plays very fast for a few seconds. Very difficult to get it to rewind to a desired spot.
That's a XBMC bug that has been around forever. I have seen it with Intel GPUs too so it's not specific to any graphics card.
ion_man Wrote:That's a XBMC bug that has been around forever. I have seen it with Intel GPUs too so it's not specific to any graphics card.
i tried it a while ago, and it's fine with my ati card. i saw it with my nvidia card on the same htpc. Huh
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:i tried it a while ago, and it's fine with my ati card. i saw it with my nvidia card on the same htpc. Huh

Same with CptHOOK..... ATI is fine and Nvidia is not on the same HTPC.... it is coming down to the GPU.... ill be testing this theory on Thursday myself.... Rofl
Beer40oz Wrote:Same with CptHOOK..... ATI is fine and Nvidia is not on the same HTPC.... it is coming down to the GPU.... ill be testing this theory on Thursday myself.... Rofl

It is caused by Windows Nvidia drivers or the DXVA2 library. Because, on the same laptop, I have macroblocking under Vista, but not Linux. Since Nvidia seems to publish the same drivers under Linux and Windows, my guess is a problem with DXVA2.
Yeah well, Nvidia could still do something about it,,,
bluray Wrote:i tried it a while ago, and it's fine with my ati card. i saw it with my nvidia card on the same htpc. Huh

Like I said, I had the rewind issue with an Intel GPU, so it's not a Nvidia specific problem.

I have never seen the macroblocking that eskro is talking about with any GPU.

When I tried ATI I always had bad tearing during normal playback though (yes I tried everything but never got rid of it completely), and I never have any tearing with Nvidia.

Of course all my experience is with Linux, not Windows, I don't use Windows at all.
well marcoblock issue is under Windows + Nvidia + DXVA2
ion_man Wrote:Of course all my experience is with Linux, not Windows, I don't use Windows at all.
it may work fine with linux, but we're talking about nvidia+w7+xbmc producing macroblock in several threads now. ati+w7+xbmc work fine, and i don't encounter tearing issue with ati either. as stated on several thread, ati gpu don't work well with linux. it may be minor to other, but beer want his htpc to be perfect!
bluray Wrote:it may work fine with linux, but we're talking about nvidia+w7+xbmc producing macroblock in several threads now. ati+w7+xbmc work fine, and i don't encounter tearing issue with ati either. as stated on several thread, ati gpu don't work well with linux. it may be minor to other, but beer want his htpc to be perfect!
Maybe it would be good if people started flagging threads appropriately as indicated in the forum message near the top of every forum page of the Hardware subforum:

Quote:Thread prefixes; "[LINUX]", "[LIVE]", "[MAC]", "[WINDOWS]", and so on, etc.

When a thread has no such prefix people will assume it's generic, not specific to a OS.
ion_man Wrote:Maybe it would be good if people started flagging threads appropriately as indicated in the forum message near the top of every forum page of the Hardware subforum:

When a thread has no such prefix people will assume it's generic, not specific to a OS.
it's in the detail of some posts!
Beer40oz Wrote:So prongATO with your new Nvidia GPU now when you FF or Reverse a vid do you get macroblocking with dxva2 enabled?

Nope, everything is smooth a silk.
Media server: unRaid 5.0.5 | CPU: Intel-Core i3-4360 | MB: Supermicro X10SL7-F | RAM: 16 GB Crucial ECC | CASE: PC-A77F | HD Cages: iStarUSA BPU-350SATA | PSU: Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 Active PFC F3 | HDD: WD Red | 25 TB array -WD Red 4TB Parity | 500GB WD Black Cache| Build Details
Actually, I just did some more testing. I hardly ever use the FF, I usually use the skip feature. @ 2x no macroblocking, @ 4x no macroblocking @ 8x pretty bad macroblocking and @ 16x slight macroblocking.
Media server: unRaid 5.0.5 | CPU: Intel-Core i3-4360 | MB: Supermicro X10SL7-F | RAM: 16 GB Crucial ECC | CASE: PC-A77F | HD Cages: iStarUSA BPU-350SATA | PSU: Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 Active PFC F3 | HDD: WD Red | 25 TB array -WD Red 4TB Parity | 500GB WD Black Cache| Build Details

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing video card0