Thinking of picking up this SSD
oh yeah why not
If you go Patriot, just make sure you get the latest firmware on there. I have the Pyro and this beast is just crazy fast. It would randomly reboot though, until I fixed the firmware.

Enjoy, I was skeptical on the Patriot at first, but now I don't mind recommending them. I won't do that for OCZ though. My buddy just had his last failure on an OCZ. He's going back to spinners.
toymachine2009 Wrote:Thats a nice deal and its cheaper! Cheaper and faster sound good to me! 3 reviews though on it.. kind of scared lol
No worry, you got another good review from me. I own two Patriot's, and I haven't had any problem with it. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Alright Well I ordered it should be here in 3-4 days Smile
right on toymachine2009!!
Got the SSD and my god is it tiny! I have no clue how to mount this in my case.. Do you just put 2.5" HD's in a normal HD slot?
Try Velcro! It's an SSD so mounting anywhere inside your case shouldn't be an issue. Let us know about any performance improvements you notice with your new drive.
toymachine2009 Wrote:Got the SSD and my god is it tiny! I have no clue how to mount this in my case.. Do you just put 2.5" HD's in a normal HD slot?

If you want to get fancy then get something like this;

http://www.amazon.com/2-5-3-5-Ssd-sata-C...234&sr=8-1

Or;

http://www.amazon.com/SILVERSTONE-SDP08-...gy_e_img_c

Or, as mentioned above, just velcro it or double sided sticky tape it. SSDs produce virtually no heat and aren't susceptible to vibration or shock problems (unless you're launching it on a Saturn V rocket).
So since SSDs have to be double sided taped or velcro'd down do you think they will start making cases with SSD's in mind?
So far Seems pretty quick! installation of programs are SUPER quick! So how do I check firmware or update it if need be?
toymachine2009 Wrote:So far Seems pretty quick! installation of programs are SUPER quick! So how do I check firmware or update it if need be?

Try this link... http://patriotmemory.com/support/drivers...ource=1113
Thanks! getting xbmc all set up right now seems like it moves pretty quick! no more lagging upon boot up either.
Glad you like it. Mine has been trouble free since the firmware update. Its really made a difference on all my clients. I'm using it as the cache drive for my clients, as well as the MySql data drive on my server.
Wow Im definitely a fan of SSD's now.. Windows boots up crazy fast I dont even get to see the welcome sign loading or anything and boots straight to xbmc dont even get to see windows which is fine by me!

So I'm done installing win 7 64bit and xbmc and added all my movies and tv shows and man this thing boots up and moves super quick! Took the 1tb out of my HTPC and now throwing that in my server for added storage!

I still have 40 gigs of 55gigs left as well Smile

Windows rating went from 5.9 to 7.2 with this SSD. Pretty Nice!
nice job! SSD's rocks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thinking of picking up this SSD0