• 3(current)
Newb first build?
nope, the Pioneer BDR-206DBK is high quality!

there's a rebate on this bluray burner here .
[BD-R] ASUS BW-12B1ST Read:8X Write:12X Access Time:250ms Cache:8MB ($70 after rebate + Free Shipp)

The ASUS BW-12B1ST is basically a rebadged LiteON iHBS112
1QWK510 Wrote:Will be at $650 total after I pick up the 2tb green and Win7 this weekend. And yes I need the bluray burner. I have a pretty large collection. About 400 dvd's and bluray collection is growing . I plan to just burn my dvd library to the 2tb and hold off on the bluray backups till I build my nas( when hdd prices come back down). Thinking probably a 10 drive unRAID setup. Do you see a problem with the bluray burner ?
Blu-ray drive always come in handy when you need it. I never build any HTPC's without it! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Got the first shipment today, A6-3500,MI-008, Kingston hyper x 2x2gb 1600mhz ,pioneer BDR-206DBK, Patriot torqx2 32gb ssd and monoprice cables. Asrock mobo will be here Tuesday and hopefully the 2tb green, case fan and windows 7 on Wed.
Got.the case apart, removed psuand front cover plate. Just wanted to test fit BD drive and psu, I heard rhere might be some clearance issues on the power plugs. Everything has plenty of clearance the BD players plugs are offset from the psu. That's about it till I get my mobo tomorrow? As far as mounting the. Ssd can I just double aide tape it below the 3.5 drive that will house the wd green?
Am I gonna need anything to mount the wd20ears in the mi-008 case?
the wd20ears u can place as is in the 3.5" external drive bay.
then just use the screws to secure it.

as for the SSD, u can stick it anywhere u want , yes Smile

your setup looks sweet!
I/O panel, mobo and CPU are in.
starts to shape'up! keep those pics coming! Tongue
Cooler and Kingston hyper x installed.
Psu to cooler clearance.
Ssd in its new home.
Thats it for tonight still waiting on case fan and windows 7. Also need some input on the 2tb internal hdd. Is the Seagate lp ok or should I try to get the wd20ears?
what do u mean by ok?

and, did u plug your 4pin CPU lead coming from the PSU?
Ok as in equal? They don't have the wd20ears in stock but the do have the seagate one. And no I havent plugged in the 4 pin CPU lead. I wasn't sure which one the psu has 2 4 pin connectors 1 is white the other is yellow.
Is there a specific order I need to plug in the connections?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb first build?0