The Smallest Pre-built Windows 7 HTPC
These HTPC's are ready for XBMC out of the box:

1. Lenovo IdeaCentre Q180- (it is probably the best Nettop at this price point)

2. Asus EeeBox PC EB1021 AMD Dual-Core E-450- (it is very well equipped little box)

3. Gateway SX2370-UR30P Desktop- (it is probably the best very-small-form-factor HTPC)
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
how about pre-fab foxconn nt-a3500?
They work great!
Love XBMC too check this -> HERE (Last Updated: 25/01/2012)

check out the xbmcmediacentre.com competition!

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
i think bluray wanted to list 'new' stuff...
that foxconn maybe great, not 'new', the E350 platform is old now Tongue

however, if u dont need 3D playback & HD-Audio Passthrough,
my favorite nettop is still the ZOTAC ND22.... cant beat that!
eskro Wrote:i think bluray wanted to list 'new' stuff...
+1, I want to list all the new stuff. If you come across older PC with better spec and price, you can list it too.

Again...

1. Pre-built Windows 7 HTPC (meaning it should be ready for XBMC out of the box).
2. It have to be small (Mini-PC, very small form factor, Nettop, etc).
3. As some of you might already know me, the minimum spec for me is always able to bitstream DTS-HD and TrueHD.
4. If you list something better, you can reference the price too.
The problem (IMO) with all those is that you are paying for a HDD. I don't want/need a HDD. The foxconn nt-a3500 was perfect in that regard (bare bones).
bluray/eskro:

any idea on how cool the the lenovo runs or the D2700 chips in general. Seems like the small form factor doesn't provide enough ventilation/cooling.Huh
stonewall Wrote:bluray/eskro:

any idea on how cool the the lenovo runs or the D2700 chips in general. Seems like the small form factor doesn't provide enough ventilation/cooling.Huh
I have not read any user having overheat issue. I doubt that it generate very much heat with these low power CPU and GPU!
sion28 Wrote:The problem (IMO) with all those is that you are paying for a HDD. I don't want/need a HDD. The foxconn nt-a3500 was perfect in that regard (bare bones).
Considered how costly hard drive these days, getting 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM, 1.65GHz CPU and Windows 7 64-bit for $320 isn't bad at all. After you add HDD, RAM and W7 64x in Foxconn, it might cost more than $320!
sion28 Wrote:The problem (IMO) with all those is that you are paying for a HDD. I don't want/need a HDD. The foxconn nt-a3500 was perfect in that regard (bare bones).

And what about this one - Zotac ZBOX ID80 (http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop...70&lang=em)
PV_XBMC Wrote:And what about this one - Zotac ZBOX ID80 (http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop...70&lang=em)
Please list the overall price with HDD, RAM and Windows 7 included in it. Another word, what is the cost for it to be ready for XBMC out of the box?
bluray Wrote:Please list the overall price with HDD, RAM and Windows 7 included in it. Another word, what is the cost for it to be ready for XBMC out of the box?

Of course, price is other thing. I have not find price of Zotac ID80 now, because it is too new, but you are right, probably it will be more expensive than Lenovo IdeaCentre Q180. But for someone who prefer SSD disk or diskless solution, it could be variant.
PV_XBMC Wrote:but you are right, probably it will be more expensive than Lenovo IdeaCentre Q180. But for someone who prefer SSD disk or diskless solution, it could be variant.
If someone want to include SSD, they still have to pay for SSD, RAM and Windows 7. It's good to know the overall cost of the system (and ready for XBMC out of the box).

As far as the Zotac (w/ Intel 2.13GHz+GT520M) in your link, it should have very similar performance as the Lenovo (w/ Intel 2.13GHz+HD6450A). It may come down to which unit have better overall price with (HDD, RAM and Windows7) include in it! Smile
There are now several reviews up for the Lenovo. I would say 2 positive and 4 or so having performance issues.
I was looking at this once too, but I think im glad I am doing my own build now.

Cons: Video card, Display resolution, Display performance
Intel Atom Processor D2700 , if you 2 program same time, it's very slow, sometime stop or freeze
It's okie if you just want something in bed room, not require fast or smooth
HTPC not really

"As a HTPC, Q180 performs well but not great. Unfortunately it won't play 1080p videos smoothly as advertised. "

Cons: Storage, Video card, Included Software, Software compatibility
MarvinMar Wrote:There are now several reviews up for the Lenovo. I would say 2 positive and 4 or so having performance issues.
I was looking at this once too, but I think im glad I am doing my own build now.

Cons: Video card, Display resolution, Display performance
Intel Atom Processor D2700 , if you 2 program same time, it's very slow, sometime stop or freeze
It's okie if you just want something in bed room, not require fast or smooth
HTPC not really

"As a HTPC, Q180 performs well but not great. Unfortunately it won't play 1080p videos smoothly as advertised. "

Cons: Storage, Video card, Included Software, Software compatibility
They must not configured it properly. HD6450 should playback everything with ease. I have HD6450 and HD5570 in my HTPC's, and it can playback BD in full 1080P with DTS-HD/TrueHD as smooth as silk. It can do 3D too....!

The UI might be a littlw slow, but it should be okay. My E350M1 1.6GHz can playback everything I threw at it so far. I expect the 2.13GHz to do better..!Smile
I ordered the Q180 on 1/20 with the Blu-Ray drive and was told it would ship on the 25th for a delivery this week.

After hearing nothing from Lenovo since, I checked into my order. It now "estimates" a ship date of 2/29. "Cameron", the Lenovo "chat helper" was less than interested...

In addition, the blu-ray option has been scrubbed from the Lenovo site - about the only place it even shows up is in a comparison chart between the Q150 and Q180. And that has been changed to show that blu-ray is "unavailable" for both! Angry

I have very little faith that this box will ever show up - I'll probably get a cancellation notice in March.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Smallest Pre-built Windows 7 HTPC0