• 26(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
@MrLobster

FULL Debug Log always and not snippets on the forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Nope didnt work, it kept the settings (even after a few reboots), but the videos stuttered really badly.

I'll place the logs on here later on.
Here's the log

http://pastebin.com/nwQCneZq
Question, there are some posts a bit back in this thread mentioning EDID issues, for example with Onkyo receivers.
I have a NR818, but I don't have the channel issue, it always play 7.1 without issues.
However, quite often when the receiver has been off or the HTPC idle Windows seems to lose the Onkyo. If I look in XBMC the WASAPI output device is just an UUID number (instead of actually saying Onkyo NR818 etc) and Windows sound settings say not plugged in for HDMI audio.
No matter what I try here it doesn't work, I have to restart the HTPC.

Does anybody have any tips on how to fix this? I don't know what triggers it, if it's XBMC or not.

Thanks.

EDIT: I found an explanation here http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...es.109242/ which obviously sucks since I have nvidia (ati apparently fixed it in their drviers).
(2012-10-09, 11:52)h8redv2 Wrote: I had this problem too, what I did was to close xbmc before entering standby. Then I put in a start delay of 10 sec. before launching xbmc after a resume.
Just FYI, I think both of these things (closing XBMC before entering standby, and specifying a startup delay) can be done automagically with XBMCLauncher. Might be a bit of a time saver =].
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
(2012-10-12, 12:02)StartCodon Wrote:
(2012-10-09, 11:52)h8redv2 Wrote: I had this problem too, what I did was to close xbmc before entering standby. Then I put in a start delay of 10 sec. before launching xbmc after a resume.
Just FYI, I think both of these things (closing XBMC before entering standby, and specifying a startup delay) can be done automagically with XBMCLauncher. Might be a bit of a time saver =].

Exactly, it´s the tool i use, I forgot to link to it in my post.
(2012-10-11, 18:07)phunqe Wrote: Question, there are some posts a bit back in this thread mentioning EDID issues, for example with Onkyo receivers.
I have a NR818, but I don't have the channel issue, it always play 7.1 without issues.
However, quite often when the receiver has been off or the HTPC idle Windows seems to lose the Onkyo. If I look in XBMC the WASAPI output device is just an UUID number (instead of actually saying Onkyo NR818 etc) and Windows sound settings say not plugged in for HDMI audio.

Does anybody have any tips on how to fix this? I don't know what triggers it, if it's XBMC or not.

Thanks.

EDIT: I found an explanation here http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...es.109242/ which obviously sucks since I have nvidia (ati apparently fixed it in their drviers).

I had this same problem and had to go back to an Nvidia driver from Oct 2011 to fix it.... I now have no more sound issues with windows showing the sound unplugged after the TV has been turned off for a while.

I'm have problems configuring my sound with Frodo Alpha 6.
With Eden everything was working so I'll go back to that for now.

My system needs upgrading but that will not happen for a while. :-)
My PC is running Win XP
TV is connected via HDMI for video only
Audio is Coaxial to Kenwood VR506 (no HDMI) From SB XiFi Card

For Dharma I used Dolby Digital Live (encoder software for my card I had to purchase separately) to send all audio through the spdif to the reciever. Eden didn't need it and passed everything though. AC3 and DTS worked and everything else sounded good albeit 2 channel.

For Frodo I have to turn off the Creative encoder to get anything to work. Frodo's AE plays AC3 and DTS fine, but mp3 2.0 is loud and garbled (AAC 5.1 transcodes as well but not AAC 2.0). DD2.0 and DD 1.0 also sound ok.
I have audio output set to Optical/coax(at top of screen) and Sound blaster via directsound (no wasapi since I'm in XP)
My Pass-though output device is "error no device found" and I believe it should SB XiFi card via Directsound.

I tried the earlier Frodo Alphas and ran into similar problems but thought it would fix itself. Now I'm thinking my setup might be unique and not supported. Frodo runs my database so much faster I was really hoping I could use it.

(2012-09-21, 08:39)flumm Wrote: @DDDamian

Thanks for the reply

I agree with you, that the receiver is the bad one here.
Altough it can accept 7.1 audio (including 7.1 pcm) and the hd audio formats,
it says it only has 6 channels and windows maxes out there. (i cannot set my audio to 7.1)

I think i can settle with standard dts and dd for now (since i only recently bought the receiver Wink )

Furthermore, i think Tlore (describes similar things on page 30/31) has exactly the same problem.
his receiver accepts 7.1 and HD audio, but windows says only 6 channels

damn you onkyo Wink

You're right, EDID override solved my problem too!
Thanks for the clue..
Hi

I have found an issue with all AAC Mono encoded video files. Using latest nightly. If audio is set to HDMI the picture judders and stutters every few seconds for about a second and the sound remains in sync. When switching to Analog this fixes the problem.
I don't have any special options selected like match display rate or sync to display.

I would be greatful if this can this be looked at please?

I haven't included a log because I am certain this will happen to everyone!
But do you think everyone has AAC mono encoded video...? Huh
No but there must be a way to get a sample or to test it toget it working??
(2012-10-18, 09:09)master345 Wrote: I haven't included a log because I am certain this will happen to everyone!
Never assume a problem is universal, so always supply a debug log and if possible a sample file, it will make the life of any developer taking a look at the problem a lot easier in being able to track down the problem, it also results in less wasted time as they are able to try and replicate the exact usage scenario.

(2012-10-14, 06:21)Balkin Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 18:07)phunqe Wrote: Question, there are some posts a bit back in this thread mentioning EDID issues, for example with Onkyo receivers.

Thanks.

I had this same problem and had to go back to an Nvidia driver from Oct 2011 to fix it.... I now have no more sound issues with windows showing the sound unplugged after the TV has been turned off for a while.

Ack... You would expect this to work. I mean it's obviously hard to send the signal from one point and receive it in the other. Why does it even have to do all that autodetect and crap. Bah, sometimes you just want SCART back.

Thanks for the info nonetheless Smile
I know this has been posted in another thread, but I wanted to mention it here as well...

Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) audio is broken in the AudioEngine (Frodo). I have a lot of MKV files created from HD-DVDs that have DD+ and they worked in Eden.

Thanks for all the effort and support!
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4