Win HD6450 color problem
Hey,

I just switched from using onboard vga to a hd6450 with HDMI, but the colors seem to be very dark.

Are there any changes to be made within Catalyst?

Thanks!
(2012-05-15, 22:27)xeonzor Wrote: Hey,

I just switched from using onboard vga to a hd6450 with HDMI, but the colors seem to be very dark.

Are there any changes to be made within Catalyst?

Thanks!

1. Download the latest AMD CCC- AMD Driver Autodetect
2. Disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback"
Thank you for your reply.

I am running the latest version of CCC.

I take that this has to do with video playback itself, but not so much the color, right?
Heh - he often cuts and pastes. In CCC go to Videos, then under colour you can enable AMD Settings and adjust your brightness/contrast.

If you go to Video->Quality you'll find a demo mode near the bottom among other settings there - if you enable it half the screen will have settings applied, half not. Then you can run XBMC with this demo mode on and see the effect immediately to tune to your preference.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-15, 22:57)DDDamian Wrote: Heh - he often cuts and pastes. In CCC go to Videos, then under colour you can enable AMD Settings and adjust your brightness/contrast.

If you go to Video->Quality you'll find a demo mode near the bottom among other settings there - if you enable it half the screen will have settings applied, half not. Then you can run XBMC with this demo mode on and see the effect immediately to tune to your preference.

Those settings apply only to video, maybe I should have added that the overal color seems a little on the dark side.

I don't know, maybe I'm just imagining things! Tongue
(2012-05-15, 23:02)xeonzor Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 22:57)DDDamian Wrote: Heh - he often cuts and pastes. In CCC go to Videos, then under colour you can enable AMD Settings and adjust your brightness/contrast.

Those settings apply only to video, maybe I should have added that the overal color seems a little on the dark side.

I don't know, maybe I'm just imagining things! Tongue

Not at all - I had to adjust mine a bit too. For overall brightness and colour go to the Desktop Management tab in CCC and Desktop Colour - you can adjust the overall settings there (globally, so will include application windows).

EDIT: For the TV only you'll find similar settings under My Digital FlatPanel>Display Colour.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Ah, good! Tongue

I'll fiddle with for a bit and see if I could get it to my likings, thanks!
(2012-05-15, 22:52)xeonzor Wrote: Thank you for your reply.

I am running the latest version of CCC.

I take that this has to do with video playback itself, but not so much the color, right?
Sorry guy.....what I meant is- "disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback""....I never have to adjust color in CCC.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD6450 color problem0