Not sure if it's XBMC or other - audio issue in newest build
So I couldn't figure out why DTS-MA wasn't working the new XBMC branch.

I can't really figure where to place this, so here it goes.

1. Powerdvd 12 using the system (win 7, 64bit, Intel HD 3000) default, plays DTS-MA perfect
2. XBMC doesn't play any hd audio streams in the new build

Finally figured out the issue.

I'm using a Onkyo HT-380 when it is the main menu, the menu makes those clicks sounds. That puts my receiver into *neo6* mode.

So it keeps running that when I goto a video with a high def audio, but if I either pause or jump forward and back a few times, then it kicks into the proper format DTS-MA

ARGH!!!!!!

I spent two weeks on this.

Just onboard video from the Intel HD 3000

And if you went into settings>appearance>skin>navigational sounds.... and changed them, would it still put you into *neo6* mode?
Tried that it just stays in whatever mode I have the AV on at that time.

Very odd!
removed all the intel drivers, re installed same bug.

can't for the life of me figure what this actual issue is
(2012-06-10, 23:09)warwon Wrote: So I couldn't figure out why DTS-MA wasn't working the new XBMC branch.

Just onboard video from the Intel HD 3000
I'm not sure which XBMC version you installed. The released XBMC 11.0 don't support bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD. Intel HD3000 should be able to bitstream DTS-HD/TrueHD with ease.....try these:

1. Install the latest Intel driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers
2. Follow guide in this thread "Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC........." under SETUP....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
That forum link is the one I used to get it working as it is as of now.

(2012-06-13, 19:14)warwon Wrote: That forum link is the one I used to get it working as it is as of now.
Okay...it's all good then..........Nod

sorry I meant to say that's how I got working to the point where i only works if I start and restart the video a few times to get into dts-ma
We will be able to be more helpful if you follow these instructions. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
(2012-06-13, 19:19)warwon Wrote: sorry I meant to say that's how I got working to the point where i only works if I start and restart the video a few times to get into dts-ma
Well, make sure that your Intel driver is up to date.....I know Intel works well with Realtek HD audio codecs too......you can try to install it from here- High Definition Audio Codecs, and make sure to select it in Windows 7 control panel sound/playback.....
here is the debug.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3567

This is from start up -> movies -> genre -> war -> Tora! Tora! Tora! (dts-hd-ma) audio, it starts the video fine in the wrong sound channel, then if I flip ahead and back a few times it then streams the correctly audio.
You're using a patched build - you might want to try a nightly - from the log it's having troubles decoding that file.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Will do, installing June 13th nightly. Also note that blu ray disc have the same issue as that file..
basically on the new build, I can't do the trick to get the audio to work on blu ray or one of my four sample files.

So basically it gets more broken as I install new versions.
so there was a update Intel driver the other day, no change in the playback for the audio stream.

I have to hit forward and back a few times for it to switch to the current audio.

New night builds make the matter worst as the above trick stops working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not sure if it's XBMC or other - audio issue in newest build1