Fanless Build Design Review
I've read 85 is the max and honestly it never gets near 70 in normal use. Indeed with windows I haven't been able to get it back there at all so I think that is poor power handling under OE. Haven't seen north of 45 in ages. You def. don't need extra pipes. And I think bending the pipes could be quite tricky if you don't get streacom ones...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-06-18, 12:27)markus625 Wrote: What id like is to get a FC8 Chassis and modify if so it can accommodate a pci express graphics card ie the Amd Radeon HD 7750 is only 170mm long , this could be mounted above the motherboard via riser card/ribbon, also it could be possible able to mount a hot swappable 2.5 hdd via hdd cage.

Now that Amd Trinity is about to hit the market with AMD Radeon HD 7560D Graphics the graphics card might not even be needed.
Streacom has 2 cases that you can use for that, the FC09 and the FC10

(2012-06-20, 02:26)bossanova808 Wrote: I've read 85 is the max and honestly it never gets near 70 in normal use. Indeed with windows I haven't been able to get it back there at all so I think that is poor power handling under OE. Haven't seen north of 45 in ages. You def. don't need extra pipes. And I think bending the pipes could be quite tricky if you don't get streacom ones...

I did order 4 more pipes just to see if they reduce the heat and they are quite easy to bend if using a bending them over an iron bar or something similar.

I have noticed that the fc05 has the 6 pipes and the fac08 only has the 2 for some reason (maybe price)
They tend to kink (or split) in bending in my experience - do you warm them up or anything??
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I havent got em yet, the two already in there seemed to bend easy thru
hopefully this is not a double post looking at the same case, would you go for an intel or amd build in this case!! looking at the asus f1a75-1 deluxe and ocz ssd (agt3) 60gig, maybe a seperate graphics card due to issues with 24p playback, if anyone can give me some of advice it his is good or bad
(2012-06-20, 14:12)Paulkai Wrote: hopefully this is not a double post looking at the same case, would you go for an intel or amd build in this case!! looking at the asus f1a75-1 deluxe and ocz ssd (agt3) 60gig, maybe a seperate graphics card due to issues with 24p playback, if anyone can give me some of advice it his is good or bad
You can give Intel iGPU a try first. With the suggestion I posted in post #6, you might be very happy with the result. If you're not happy with it, you can always install the discrete GPU later........my HD2000 in i5 is doing with the configurations in post #6.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the reply blu ray. Would you recommend going with openelec or unbutu??
The Asus F1A75-1 deluxe is hard to find on the internet now in the uk seems to be discontinued, guess the trinity FM2 socket motherboard will be hitting the shelves in july/sep
(2012-06-20, 16:38)Paulkai Wrote: Thanks for the reply blu ray. Would you recommend going with openelec or unbutu??
Good question.....sorry, all my PC's are running on Windows 7!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanless Build Design Review0