wmc v xbmc v both
ok, so tonight I will start my build.

what are the pros / cons to running:

just wmc

just xbmc

or both

anyone have reccomendations?
Try both (WMC with Media Browser especially). Use which one you like better.

Probably blashphemy on a XBMC forum but its what I recommend and do personally. I like both.
I read that in the guides. Very in depth, but it seems like that will be what I have to do. Ill just install both and see which one I gravitate more to.
I use both.I've got windows hotkeys mapped to my remote that will let me hop back and forth between the 2. I use WMC for netflix and XBMC for everything else.
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7
I use both. WMC for recording & playback of TV and XBMC for movie playback. I've tried Media Browser several times in the past but always found XBMC to be a much better option IMO. If XBMC was capable of recording encrypted cable then I'd consider dumping WMC.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
(2012-07-03, 18:53)wsume99 Wrote: I use both. WMC for recording & playback of TV and XBMC for movie playback. I've tried Media Browser several times in the past but always found XBMC to be a much better option IMO. If XBMC was capable of recording encrypted cable then I'd consider dumping WMC.

This is exactly what I do as well. I can't wait for the day that XBMC PVR is easy to install and use.
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
I use 7MCE for HD OTA and Netflix, XBMC media front-end and TMT5 for BD/ISO/BDMV. Everthing can be controlled from 7MCE screen with MCE remote controller.....

I use very minimum HTPC spec (E350M1+GT430) to playback all the above.......

Here are my screenshots......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wmc v xbmc v both0