Download Music Fanart
Hi, I just updated to Eden with a fresh install. Things are running pretty much ok, but one thing I can't figure out is how the heck to persuade XBMC to download fanart for my music. The music is scanned into the library, CD covers are there, but no additional fanart is shown on Transparency...

Any hints for where to look would be highly appreciated.
Check out cdART Manager. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031
(2012-08-18, 20:50)pkscuot Wrote: Check out cdART Manager. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031

Thanks, this appears to be an add-on which can download not only cdArt, but also fanart. Do I need an add-on to download fanart now? I didn't have one in Dharma, but still had fanart...
I can't speak for Dharma, as I never used it. But Artwork Downloader, an addon, gets all kinds of artwork for movies/tv, but not music. cdART Manager gets case covers, cd covers and tons of fanart for music. XBMC doesn't get artwork automatically without addons.
Yes it does. You should get fanart while scraping you music files.
Check out the universal scraper and scan for additional info
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wink 
(2012-08-19, 10:34)Martijn Wrote: Check out the universal scraper and scan for additional info

That worked, thank you!

Maybe my issues were related to the allmusic scraper being defect? Anyhow - fanart again, yay!
(2012-08-20, 16:39)Hammi Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 10:34)Martijn Wrote: Check out the universal scraper and scan for additional info

That worked, thank you!

Maybe my issues were related to the allmusic scraper being defect? Anyhow - fanart again, yay!

Correct.
Allmusic scraper has been replaced for easier maintenance
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi guys,
I just added my first album to the Music library - actually i have to load it manually from the file list I can never remember how to add a source when it is an external drive so it is in the library...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intense

I am not seeing any backdrops, what am i doing wrong? It did download the album info and pictures are displayed in the now playing, but no wallpapers (backdrops) for the Music folder.
any ideas?
(2012-08-19, 10:34)Martijn Wrote: Yes it does. You should get fanart while scraping you music files.
Check out the universal scraper and scan for additional info

Hi Martin,
How to turn on "scan for additional info"??

SYSTEM > MUSIC > LIBRARY > Download additional information during updates

If it's right .... I've turned it ON and rescan my music library but the scrapers do not download and image! Sad

why?
I'm also having problems getting this to work. Just to confirm, we're talking about the extrafanart or HiRes background images. These should be downloaded from fanart.tv when an artist is matched and stored in a directory called extrafanart in the music artists folder.

I'm setting System > Settings > Music > Library > Download additional information during updates

I then re-scan the library and I don't see the extrafanart directories have been created. I'm on Frodo.
I have the same problem on Helix, if I want fanart for Artists I have to set them one by one.
no fan art download also for me on isengard
(2015-05-05, 01:08)Roby77 Wrote: no fan art download also for me on isengard

describe what you are doing in more detail, how you are setup (where music files are stored), what your scraper settings are and what you have tried, if it was working before...and then maybe post a debug log.
Thank you

Probably i make something wrong

Skin:Confluence and Aeon Nox5

Platform : Windows and Open Elec ( tried at home with this two systems)

Kodi:Isengard beta1

File stored:on local disk or nas (nfs with write permission)

No problem with Movies, i get all thumbs and fanart

Today i tried in office to scan a folder with music (z:\Artist name\songs)

But without success

In settings/music/library i also enabled fetch additional download

If i open album information fanart button is disabled
(2015-05-06, 12:24)Roby77 Wrote: File stored:on local disk or nas (nfs with write permission)

No problem with Movies, i get all thumbs and fanart

Today i tried in office to scan a folder with music (z:\Artist name\songs)

But without success

In settings/music/library i also enabled fetch additional download

If i open album information fanart button is disabled

I don't think you should have a fanart option for albums, but rather for artists, so you would see it in "artist info".

Oddly, the directory structure can impact scraping. You may want to try adding 2 directory levels to your music. For example, Z:\Music\MP3\Artist name\songs, as KODI likes to search up at least two levels from the song folder in search of local artist info (even if none exists), and if it cannot access the higher level folder, it does weird stuff. Similar for a NAS... you want something like smb://music/MP3/artist/songs or smb://music/MP3/album/songs or smb://music/artist/album/songs. with the music directory shared as well as the sub-directories.

Clear your music DB and texture DB and try again.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download Music Fanart0