• 5(current)
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K
(2012-11-14, 02:58)Xexiz Wrote: Holly cow!
"Your order has been shipped through USPS First Class International. Delivery time is about 7-28 days (estimated) (business days) - Nov-20-2012 - Dec-14-2012"

7 to 28 BUSINESS DAYS for a picoPSU! got to be kidding me Sad
Even walking from california would be quicker!!!
Holy cow! My turtles probably can do better than that. I drop shipped a lot of stuffs from Amazon to my relatives in Canada all the times, and most orders took 3 days. If you have a standard ATX PSU laying around, you can use it to power it up and install all the software while waiting for Pico PSU....

I hope that you receive it sooner than 28 days......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-11-14, 04:43)bluray Wrote: If you have a standard ATX PSU laying around, you can use it to power it up.

Yeah have plenty of them Smile I will for sure set it up while waiting. At least I should have my xbmc beast running for my 3weeks off at Christmas Smile finger crossed.
USPS always quotes me 6-10 days from NH to Canada. I am always surprised when it takes 10 days to get to Montreal. Montreal is the same distance as New York which takes 2 days. It's the time in customs I guess? Whatever happened to NAFTA? Smile
(2012-11-14, 05:20)Xexiz Wrote:
(2012-11-14, 04:43)bluray Wrote: If you have a standard ATX PSU laying around, you can use it to power it up.

Yeah have plenty of them Smile I will for sure set it up while waiting. At least I should have my xbmc beast running for my 3weeks off at Christmas Smile finger crossed.
You'll be fine for a while then.....let us know how it handles XBMC....

I sent eskro stuff via regular mail from california to canada and he got it in 7-8 days I believe. Smile
I'm doing a similar build, so I thought I would chime in.

I'm using the ASROCK Mini-ITX board with a A6-5400K, with 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1866. Using a PicoPSU 150W with a 120W brick.

For a cooler I chose the the Scythe Kozuti. The only installation issue was that I had to remove one side of the heat spreader of the 2nd dimm to be able to fit the cpu cooler and both sticks of ram. For some reason, the ASROCK BIOS (when set to level 1 for the CPU fan ) still keeps the fan at over 2k RPM. I used a custom setting to bring the fan down to about 1600RPM, which is inaudible.

Temps were 34C at idle and power consumption at 33 watts.

I didn't have time last night to install the OS, but can someone point me in the right path for getting this FM2 rig setup? Is there a nightly for the xbmcbuntu that works out of the box for hdmi+audio and this FM2 chip?

Thanks in advance.
(2012-11-14, 13:13)Beer40oz Wrote: I sent eskro stuff via regular mail from california to canada and he got it in 7-8 days I believe. Smile

yes, exactly.
Humm, stupid question but how am I suppose to connect the power led in there?
The mobo connector

and the plugs

Huh
If you turn the contacts around to the other side not shown in the picture, isnt there + or - symbols on there? Otherwise I'd just guess that the side with the black cable is - and colored is +.
Actually, my problem is that the power led plug is 3 spot (having the middle empty) and the connector only have 2 spots for it. I guess I have to find another connector and remove both cable from this one or just swap one of them to be in the middle.
Yes, swap one into the middle and then leave the blank end hanging off the edge of the front panel header.
Damn, didn't pay attention to that one. Just assumed you didn't know what side went where sorry Smile
(2012-11-15, 04:12)Xexiz Wrote: Humm, stupid question but how am I suppose to connect the power led in there?
I used this connector in the computer that I built at work one time, and it worked great- COMPUTER ACCESSORY Power LED Adapter Cable for Computer Case, 2-pin Female to 2-pin Male in 3-pin Package.....

Brilliant! Smile There's really an adapter for everything. Good to know it exist for future builds. for now, this should do the trick.

Technically, you're suppose to move the black one (the + stays with the arrow) Wink but that's a nice job -- it's not like the electrical inspector is going to be looking inside your PC. It'll work great.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K0