• 6(current)
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K
Actually, I cant. The + is the first pin to the left so I don't have a choice to move the blue in the middle to plug the adapter outside of the connector as you can see here
(2012-11-15, 14:38)Xexiz Wrote: Actually, I cant. The + is the first pin to the left so I don't have a choice to move the blue in the middle to plug the adapter outside of the connector as you can see here
As long as the wire polarities are connected to the correct pins, you'll be fine....good job...it's time to enjoy your new HTPC!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hey Beer. I'm wondering. How did you fixed the ssd on there

I was thinking maybe to fix 2 of those on the bottom.. what about you?
(2012-11-16, 04:39)Xexiz Wrote: How did you fixed the ssd on there
Since SSD have no moving part and it generate no heat, you can stick it to anywhere w/ double sided tape. I never have any problem with it....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yeah wasn't sure about that for heat, but if you say so. Then big old 2faces tape will be the winner again Smile
Look who's here!

Tonight is THE night!

Now I have to decide if I go with the Thermal paste coming with the Shuriken (should be good) or the remaining tube I have
or some Artic Silver I would need to buy.

Can't wait to boot this baby!!
Just Completed my build:

ASROCK FM2 Mini-itx / A6-5400K/ 4GB / Crucial M4 64GB / PicoPSU 150Watt / Scythe Kozuti

Case is a repurposed HFX mini

DeanM3 very nice!.... I love it....
where did you buy the HFX mini case?
What temps do you get?

Xexis....

Stock thermal paste from shuriken is good... that is what I am using.
I love how in the top photo, it looks like the front has a wood finish. Smile
Hey DeanM3.. noticed you had problems with the cooler, i'm facing a problem too with the Shuriken 2100/FM2A75M-ITX..

This stupid 330 25528d is straight under the cooler fixture

Do you guys think I can just bolt this over without change breaking something or heating this chip??
(2012-11-16, 23:12)Beer40oz Wrote: DeanM3 very nice!.... I love it....
where did you buy the HFX mini case?
What temps do you get?

Xexis....

Stock thermal paste from shuriken is good... that is what I am using.

I bought the HFX mini case about 3 years ago to use with a Core 2 Duo / Geforce 9300M setup for XBMC. The built in heatsink cooler was pretty poor, so I swapped it out for an Antec LP cooler at the time. I bought it direct from the manufacturer.

It is quite expensive, and I wouldn't recommend seeking one out new. Two companies ( Streacom and Wasena ) seem to make the best mini-itx HTPC cases at the moment.

http://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/H...ITX1-S.htm

My Idle temps with the Frodo Beta running the Aeon Nox skin is about 40-42C. ( My fan is set to 1600RPM) During 1080p playback the temp
remains pretty consistent, rising just 2-3C. If I peg the CPU at 100% the fan will increase to 2800RPM or so can temps reach 58C. However that scenario does not happen based on my usage patterns ( MKV's at 720/1080p and some steaming).

(2012-11-17, 02:24)Xexiz Wrote: Hey DeanM3.. noticed you had problems with the cooler, i'm facing a problem too with the Shuriken 2100/FM2A75M-ITX..

Do you guys think I can just bolt this over without change breaking something or heating this chip??

Fortunately the Kozuti doesn't use a backplate, just 4 small bolts with a rubber washer. The issue I had was with the second ram slot heatspreader preventing the proper mounting of the kuzuti due to the heatpipe pressing against it. I removed the heatspreader and got everything mounted snugly.

There have been a few others using the Shuriken on this board, so I would check around to see if the backplate is an issue. I'd be more concerned with getting a proper flush mounting for the heatsink baseplate on the cpu rather than those small chips on the back. I doubt they are prone to overheating having been placed on the backside with almost no air flow.
Right. I tried it for about an hour and it is really marked in there when I remove it. Either I cut the foam where it touched or I just take a chance and let it like this..

You can clearly see, compared to one other bracket leg
honestly, let the foam there, bolt it as is, and move on.
It's running!!! Big Grin
Win8 installed,
Xbmc Frodo Beta1 installed

Much more coming soon!
yes yes! more plz Tongue
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K0