• 7(current)
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K
(2012-11-17, 06:18)eskro Wrote: honestly, let the foam there, bolt it as is, and move on.

The FM1 board looks the same... left foam on and bolted.
FTW!!
(2012-11-17, 10:45)eskro Wrote: yes yes! more plz Tongue

Ohh.... naughty...! Rofl
Nice one! Did you end up leaving the foam or removing some of it where it had contact? A picture from the side showing the clearance between the memory and heatsink would be greatly appreciated as well!
I am looking forward to more choices for FM2 mini-ITX motherboards than ASRock.
(2012-11-17, 16:41)TriNitro Wrote: Nice one! Did you end up leaving the foam or removing some of it where it had contact? A picture from the side showing the clearance between the memory and heatsink would be greatly appreciated as well!

Yes I moved the braket as high as I could to minimize impact but it stayed there.
I should have great side picture soon, here's a quick peak.
At last.. the 65 power brick was usefull last night! hahah
I am thinking of building a similiar HTPC but using the Antec ISK 310-150 case instead. I want it to have a blu-ray drive so I need 2 sATA power connectors, so I'm wondering if there is an adapter for the picoPSU or one that already comes with 2 sATA power connectors, and would 120W be enough for everything using the same APU with just the addition of a blu-ray drive?
(2012-11-17, 21:13)Alexx Wrote: I am thinking of building a similiar HTPC but using the Antec ISK 310-150 case instead. I want it to have a blu-ray drive so I need 2 sATA power connectors, so I'm wondering if there is an adapter for the picoPSU or one that already comes with 2 sATA power connectors, and would 120W be enough for everything using the same APU with just the addition of a blu-ray drive?

You can but a molex-to-SATA splitter.

In my testing of the A6-5400K/FM2A75M-ITX it maxed out around 80W.
(2012-11-17, 21:13)Alexx Wrote: I am thinking of building a similiar HTPC but using the Antec ISK 310-150 case instead. I want it to have a blu-ray drive so I need 2 sATA power connectors, so I'm wondering if there is an adapter for the picoPSU or one that already comes with 2 sATA power connectors, and would 120W be enough for everything using the same APU with just the addition of a blu-ray drive?
You'll need this splitter- StarTech Model PYO2SATA 6" SATA Power Y Splitter Cable....for standard blu-ray playback, this "picoPSU-120/10A 120W AC-DC" should be enough....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks for the tips. is the exhaust fan that comes with those antec cases pretty quiet?
(2012-11-17, 16:41)TriNitro Wrote: Nice one! Did you end up leaving the foam or removing some of it where it had contact? A picture from the side showing the clearance between the memory and heatsink would be greatly appreciated as well!

Take a look at my thread... you will see pics there on the clearance. Wink

Looking good, thanks Smile
hypothetically speaking if you were to run this HTPC through a stereo receiver with a video upscaler such as the Denon AVR-1913 would it improve SD content like xvid files better than XBMC could?
(2012-11-19, 01:05)Alexx Wrote: hypothetically speaking if you were to run this HTPC through a stereo receiver with a video upscaler such as the Denon AVR-1913 would it improve SD content like xvid files better than XBMC could?
I tried several Onkyo's, Pioneer Elite and less expensive Denon AVR's over the years, but it didn't make any different in upscale SD video.....

You can give your Denon AVR-1913 a try.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Realistically you NEVER want anything other than your TV to attempt to upscale it. 90% of the time you end up with a worse product. Thats why when you read reviews they rarely talk about the video upscalers in them, because you want your receiver to let the much better scaler in your TV do its thing.

You can try it for giggle, but I doubt its going to make things any better and might make them worse by adding lag to the video.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK 4Trinity ~ ISK300-120 picoPSU HTPC A6-5400K0