Win GPU capable of Bitstreaming Audio and 3D Movie Playback
Hello fellow XBMC'ers.

I'm having an issue (screen flickering when using refresh rate higher than 30hz) with my Intel HD 3000 integrated gpu and thinking about upgrading to a non-integrated solution and wanted some input on some of the best GPU's to look into. I won't be doing any gaming so this is purely for XBMC/HTPC purposes.

I have a Intel i5-2500K so I think that is powerful enough CPU, correct?

I'd like a card that will bitstream audio (since the new audio engine is coming out with Frodo) and that will play 3d movies. I know XBMC doesn't support 3D movies but I use Stereoscopic Player (outside of xbmc) to play the 3D movies from the hard drive (not from BlueRay). I think the 3D works ok using the Intel HD 3000 but wonder if it'll work even better with a standalone graphics card.

So what suggestions do you all have?

Thanks in advance!
Ideally an AMD 6450 is all you really need. Cheap and decodes 3D Bluray easily. As long as you're on windows platform you will be fine.
Intel i5-2500k+HD6570= happy 3d
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
GT520 or GT440 if you are looking for nVidia. GT440 is powerful than GT520.
Ok so I solved my flickering issue. After I updated the firmware I guess I had to reset the settings. So maybe I don't need to upgrade to a stand alone GFX card. Or should I?

Can I bitstream with the i5-2500k? Does bitstreaming require a special GFX card or will the Intel HD 3000 (integrated card) work.

Regarding 3D playback, it currently works without any jitter and I assume to make it more 3Dish would be settings in the player or on the TV right. Just wondering if a new card would improve the 3D experince.

Thanks for your input.
(2012-11-30, 19:49)Frank_Castl3 Wrote: Can I bitstream with the i5-2500k? Does bitstreaming require a special GFX card or will the Intel HD 3000 (integrated card) work.

Thanks for your input.
Yes, you can bitstream HD audio with your HD3000 iGPU and you can follow instructions in SETUP section of this thread to configure it- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPU capable of Bitstreaming Audio and 3D Movie Playback0