all video choppy + no sound
i appoligize in advance if this has already been covered in another thread. i searched and couldn't find anything and i'm at my wits end trying to get this darn box to work right. to begin i'm still relatively new to xbmc. i learned about from a friend and i put it on my jailbroken iphone and immediately fell in love with it. so i decided to purchase the G-Box Midnight so that i could have it for home entertainment.

when the box first arrived i plugged it in and put in the fusion source and got all the addons that i personally wanted. however the video wasnt coming in all the time and picture was horrible. i looked on a ton of different forums on how to fix this and on one i learned how to delete and do a fresh reinstall.

i've done this 3 times now because everytime i play any video (sd, hd) from any addon (navi-x, 1channel, etc) the video is very choppy and i have no sound at all.

i know that i need to put playercorefactory.xml into the userdata, which i did. however after i downloaded it, it was an .htm file. not sure if that is the problem.

any advice or help would be appreciated.

specs of device:

AMLOGIC Cortex A9 M3 Neon CPU
Mali400 High Performance 3D HD GPU
1GB RAM (DDR3)
4GB Total Internal Storage
USB Storage Extendable (Flash Drives/HDD)
SD Storage Extendable (Up to 32GB!)
802.11b/g/n internal Wifi
HDMI 1080p Output
10/100 Ethernet Port
Audio/Video Out
4x USB 2.0 Ports
(2013-01-02, 01:13)swish Wrote: i've done this 3 times now because everytime i play any video (sd, hd) from any addon (navi-x, 1channel, etc) the video is very choppy and i have no sound at all.
Currently add-ons do not have hardware decoding support enabled. This is likely the cause of your choppyness and sound issues. There are builds out there that enable external player support on android for add-ons. This method is currently an unofficial and unsupported feature. If you head over to www.xbmcandroid.com/forums there are threads there with the necessary build's and instructions for setup.

(2013-01-02, 01:13)swish Wrote: i know that i need to put playercorefactory.xml into the userdata, which i did. however after i downloaded it, it was an .htm file. not sure if that is the problem.
The playercorefactory.xml file needs to have an .xml extension for XBMC to pickup the changes. You also need a build of XBMC with external player support enabled (again an unsupported, unofficial feature).
95% of the choppiness and unplayable content is an unsupported HD decoding XBMC in use, and the other 5% goes to the shitty servers hosting the content, availability, unupdated links, unmanaged feeds, downtime etc...

kemonini96 - I own amlogic devices and add-ons actually handle HD decoding well - for example Icefilms and Navi-X.....to note as not supported is pointing to the wrong direction. There are options in the "Play" settings inside of Navi-X, which allows you to choose your supported player as well as icefilms (AMplayer inside my XBMC build is default). Best to go with an amplayer enabled XBMC for HD playback on Amlogic devices then select that player as default - once you find your perfect player for your task just edit the playercorefactory as kemoninie suggested to your liking. Look on the main xbmc dev page for more info on playercoresettings.xml - Kind regards.
(2013-01-02, 03:29)mockingbirdblue Wrote: kemonini96 - I own amlogic devices and add-ons actually handle HD decoding well - for example Icefilms and Navi-X.....to note as not supported is pointing to the wrong direction.
Thanks for the correction. I was under the impression that the internal amplayer wasn't setup quite yet for streams.
The new releases of pivos's xbmc uses a new amcodec with xbmc's internal dvdplayer. amplayer is obsolete except for realmedia. This new amcodec came too late to be included into Frodo due to the feature freeze.
I noticed that difference in pivos vs xbmc makefile (untouched) inside the xbmc folder - it has the new --enable-amcodec which isn't a noted attribute to my knowledge. Your stating this is for what you explained above =an updated dvdplayer with amcodecs? I will have to slide on over to your build to check that out - as my focus was on the official xbmc\xbmc git. Just wanted to confirm if this will be a feature in the future Frodo updates.

I can make some documentation in the notes for the attributes, it states neon disabled by default but it is enabled by default making it useless to add in the ./configure. The /tools/android/depends ./configure --help does not show all optional features like the one in xbmc root folder after doing the ./bootstrap. Also noticed the joystick is also disabled on default now compared to notes of enabled on defualt. I will make some edits and notations after I get done with my own issue and trying this new davilla suggestion. I saw it but since I was in the official xbmc I didn't comment on it - thanks for the info.
"This new amcodec came too late to be included into Frodo due to the feature freeze". It will not be in future Frodo updates.

--enable-amcodec is wrong.

./configure --help

--enable-codec enable additional codecs from a list of comma
separated names, (default is none, choices are
amcodec)

correct usage is

./configure --enable-codec=amcodec

Is this with only the pivos build - tried with official build and I got this
http://pastebin.com/zFStp2DF

Seems I got the same error with the make clean - then retrying without the --enable-codec-amcodec
Also with the enable aml I get no HD decoding playback for some reason. All choppy on my own build but the xbdroidmc build works fine.
I have no clue what you are trying to do, I already said it was not in mainline yet because of the Frodo feature freeze.
Yeah I saw, I did the rebuild of the entire thing from the pivos build and deleted the mainline one entirely - compiling now will report back. I think I was crossed with an update that did not complete because I do not get the error anymore which was previously 5-10 minutes in compiling while its been going strong for about 40 minutes now. Just weird to see when all dependencies built correctly but no worries I redid everything as I believe saving to the same staging folder caused some issues. Thanks
Have U tried THIS.. If not check it out, might work U. Helped my GBox out lots...Wink All my favorite add-on's are working fine now, audio pass through working now too!
720p and 1080p video is choppy on my nexus 7 with the latest xbmc rc3, i guess iam not alone with this?
shms - Please keep the reference of the topic - we were noting about the amlplayer in which the official rc3 does NOT feature at all under the compiled version available for download. You have the official version rc3 shms - so no HD decoding love thus far unless you try a external player enabled version of XBMC.
------------------

CpTHOOK - I have that G-Box unit from xbdroidmc.com and I can't complain much with how much you get but some add-ons are not active like VEVO which I love. My only way to use it at this point along with other useful apps - is android and I do not like the XBMC launcher\ masking android overall. Thanks for the offer but no interest after trying on this end - my main complaint in this thread is my amlogic Enoi tablet I am trying to compile for not the G-box.
--------------------------

davilla - after a successful build still no HD, and I have done everything. I got so confused, that I trashed the entire VM and started over with RC3 since I could not get the Pivos build to compile without the libspotify.so error which shows no blanket to uncover the problem. I think I am missing some sort of step with amlplayer as even with a good build = no HD decoding and the aml library isn't on my box.

All checked out in the Makefiles, config.status and I rechecked the ./configure over a million times. My result to start over is best but do you see some issue where I can prevent this libspotifiy.so in the future with the Pivos build - I really want to try out that dvdplayer updated with the aml codecs you explained in an previous post since you said that aml is only good for realmedia these days. Thanks ahead - I will relate results for this build when its done.
Hi,
I have the same problem as swish above, at the start of the thread. How can i eliminate the choppy streaming issues. Anybody got a idiots guide to solving it?

cheers

mat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
all video choppy + no sound0