• 11(current)
Change channel really slow
(2013-10-14, 20:03)margro Wrote: Will see if I can generate a few ffprobe logs from the MediaPortal timeshift buffer files in the coming weeks on multiple PC's and for different channels (SD, HD).
I will also include the the switching times from my MediaPortal backend, to give a better view of the time spend by the backend v.s. ffmpeg probing time.

sounds great.
i see ffprobe spends a lot of time looking at pids other than video and audio.
maybe it's possible to win some time here.
Thanks margro for providing this build, working great!

/Marcus
also works here now after creating a subfolder in RamDisk, channel switching is as expected very nice, using MP 1.5 as TV Server on multi seat setup...

DS Player would be nice ... looks and feels better here then build in player.

and thanks for the nice 13 build Wink
I just tried this out and margro's build is so much faster than stock Gotham, even when using other backends.

Does the PR for this have to be in by the freeze window of 10th Nov ?
Problem is that we won't get it in like this.
Maybe margro wants to try it nonetheless.
I was short of time last weeks but I'm still willing to work on this.
(2013-11-02, 19:19)Swifty Wrote: I just tried this out and margro's build is so much faster than stock Gotham, even when using other backends.

Does the PR for this have to be in by the freeze window of 10th Nov ?

+1

I would love to see the Margro channel switching feature merged in the main branch...
Will it happen? When?

Thx,
Dakkar
+1
+1
+1
Okay, okay... let's try to get it included: Pull request #3590
(or get the feedback why it is not ready for mainstream yet).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Very good news [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
My compiling skills are non-existent, so I was hoping someone has compiled Gotham alpha 9 with margro awesome patch and would be good enough to share it Smile
(2013-11-12, 16:53)Wulfsige Wrote: My compiling skills are non-existent, so I was hoping someone has compiled Gotham alpha 9 with margro awesome patch and would be good enough to share it Smile

See post #132
(2013-11-12, 17:27)t-magnus Wrote:
(2013-11-12, 16:53)Wulfsige Wrote: My compiling skills are non-existent, so I was hoping someone has compiled Gotham alpha 9 with margro awesome patch and would be good enough to share it Smile

See post #132

Thanks, but that's alpha 8 Smile

The reason I need alpha 9 is because I'm using OpenElec 4 beta (alpha 9+) on a "Bedroom" HTPC, and on the main "TV Room" HTPC I'm using Windows with Mediaportal and XBMC Gotham (margro's build (alpha 8)).

I'm using a shared MySQL database and alpha 8 uses "myvideos76" and alpha 9 uses "myvideos77" so I can't sync collections.

Thanks Smile Smile Smile
Does anyone have a link to a XBMC 12.2 Raspberry Pi build with the Margo speed fix please? Can't find this for the life of me....
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change channel really slow2