Solved CIR install on ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M motherboard - Issue SOLVED!!
Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys!
Great news!! I have the Inteset CIR receiver problem sorted, so I thought that I would share it with you all.
Here is my original problem:

I installed the CIR header onto the CIR port on my Asrock FM2A75 Pro4-M Motherboard. After the install, an Infra-red receiver was recognised in windows and Bios as an internal Infra-red reciever, but when I try and install the drivers from the Asrock website I got the error "Can't find CIR device!!".
I could not see a CIR option anywhere in the UEFI either.
I have updated my UFEI to the latest (V 2.0) version.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So how did I fix it....

Open your UFEI screen and navigate to "Advanced" -> "Super I/O", Then click on INFRARED PORT and ensure that it is set to "DISABLED".

This will allow the CIR reciever to be seen as CIR, instead of an Infrared port!!

Once you have done that, you can then go back to the top menu of the ADVANCED area, and go to ACPI and set "CIR POWER ON" to Enabled.

Then reboot back into windows and install the drivers from Asrock.....
I hope this helps someone else out cause I was pulling my hair out till I stumbled upon this.
Happy days Big Grin
My HTPC A8-5400k APU, Asrock FM2A75-PRO4-M, 4GB Kingston HyperX, Samsung 830 64GB SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, Hauppage HVR-2200 Tuner, Silverstone LC-16M Case.
I have a FM2A75M-ITX on the latest 1.90 firmware and I can't see this Super I/O Configuration option in advanced... My remote does not work I guess because of this and the "CIR Power On" being non-existant.. any ideas?
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the plug? There might be a connection issue? Mabry put dome gentle sideways pressure on the plug during post and see if it appears in bios...
My HTPC A8-5400k APU, Asrock FM2A75-PRO4-M, 4GB Kingston HyperX, Samsung 830 64GB SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, Hauppage HVR-2200 Tuner, Silverstone LC-16M Case.
I've tried pretty much everything. I plugged the USB dongle in every usb slut, checked every options in bios, rechecked the connector to be on the CIR header.. no luck. the usb dongle do receives signals from my Harmony One, but does not power on.
Are you using the inteset reciever or the Asrock one? I am using the inteset internal CIR reciever
http://shop.inteset.com/Products/28-inte...oards.aspx

can't really comment on the Asrock recievers apart from hearing that they are a bit flakey.
sorry
I am on an A75M ITX Asrock board, and could not see the CIR setting in my BIOS until I plugged in the ASRock smartremote dongle. I tried two other rosewill dongles, but got nothing from them. You can get the ASRock smartremote dongle itself for 8 bux if you contact them. I was finally able to also install the CIR drivers after using this dongle and it does turn the system on from an S5 state. Now, I just need to figure out how to turn the HTPC off from within XMBC rather than putting it to sleep and I am golden.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CIR install on ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M motherboard - Issue SOLVED!!0