Is it possible to have XBMC watched status transfer to Mediaportal Server
Hello,

I am complete beginner to XBMC and am using it with the mediaportal addon to watch TV from my server running mediaportal backend.

When I am watching a recording using mediaportal client and I stop it, the recording changes colour (in the recording folder - it goes darker to show that it has been watched) and if I press play again, it resumes from where I last stopped it.

If I watch a program using XBMC and stop it half way and then try and resume with mediaportal client, it shows the programme to have never been watched. Is there any way that I can change this?

Sorry if this is not particularly clear - let my know if I need to clarify anything.

XBMC supports it, but as far as I can see, the TV Server itself has only a database field "timesWatched" and not a field to store the current resume (stop playback) position.
I've implemented therefore only the timesWatched counter.

I don't know where MediaPortal remembers/stores its resume positon.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hello,

According to the Mediaportal Forum, the plugin should be working as I described above:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...us.115527/

Further to your post above, are you saying that MP Server should at least show that a recording has been watched using a device with XBMC addon?
Hmm,

Done a bit more research and it seems that addon only really allows you to access live TV from the Mediaportal DB. Is there any potential for a full plug-in to be developed to allow XBMC to act as a true mediaportal client?

I know the usual answer would be - "just install mediaportal client" but this has to be done on a PC running windows, which is more more limitating and certainly knocks out my idea of running XBMC on something like a Raspberry Pi.
This may help?

http://www.howtogeek.com/75535/how-to-sy...with-xbmc/
Hello Maximo,

Thank you for that - that is exactly what I am looking for!

Mediaportal Server uses MySQL as its database, so I wonder whether there is any way that that guide can be used to fully intergtate XBMC as a full client.

I really do not understand this side of things well enough to try and start working out how to go about this, thus any advice would be much appreciated.

I have also posted on the Mediaportal forum to see what they can suggest.

Thanks.
Do you mean using XBMC as a front end client using MediaPortal TV Server as the backend, then say that is possible and works very well. I have a number of XBMC clients running in my home. There is a client plugin for MediaPortal. When you enable Live TV XBMC should ask you which client addon you require.

Can you explain what setup your trying to achieve and what you have in place at the moment.

Cheers

Garry
Hello there,

I currently have the following:

A standalone setup in my living room running mediaportal client and server.

A mediaportal client running off my laptop.

A copy of Openelec running on my Acer Revo Aspire in my bedroom.

Mediaportal clients run absolutely fine and I have installed the XBMC plugin for my server as well as the Live TV Mediaportal Plugin in XBMC.

XBMC runs absolutely fine (both live TV and recordings) but I have noticed that if I watch something in the bedroom and stop it half way through and then try and resume it in the living room, the mediaportal client does not seem to show that it has been watched before so I have to start the recording from the beginning.

There is no problem when watching and resuming using different Medipaortal Clients - only a problem when using XBMC.

Is this a problem that you are having or have you managed to get round this?

Right I see what your trying to say now. Your XBMC client doesn't interface with Mediaportal directly. The TVServerXBMC plugin only provides a means of viewing the TV feed in XBMC and all of the other media is streamed from a shared location. So if you want to be able to stop and resume video then you'll need to either switch all your clients to Mediaportal or XBMC.

Why have you got a mix of clients? Just curious to know.

Cheers

Garry
Hello - yep, exactly that.

Not a major problem but it is something that is perhaps putting me off a little bit from using XBMC at the moment.

Reson for the mix - I have been using Mediaportal for so long now that I cannot face learning something new for the living room, where I do most of my viewing.

However, for everywhere else, I am not too fussy and was just experimenting with something a bit light weight to try and run on my Revo, which is incredibly slow with Mediaportal Cilent and Windows.

Openelec runs so much more quickly on the revo and it is this that has led to me to consider getting something perhaps a little more compact and selling the Revo (perhaps even a Raspberry pi).

So am I correct in thinking that that link that you suggested above would not help fully integrate XBMC into the MP server?
The link I posted was to sync a number of XBMC clients together. MP and XBMC are both very different applications and therefore work differently. If your happy with MP then stick with that to get the functionality you already enjoy. I have been using MP for a number of years now had think it's very good. I moved over to XBMC as a client once I found that it can been run on the Raspberry PI and now have 5 of them. Although it's still early days the RPI + XBMC attached to a TV is a very cheap and good solution for a multi room system with a central media store and Live TV.

Cheers

Garry
I see,

So the only hope is to await a proper plugin that fully integrates XBMC into mediaportal.

I note that you now have 5 raspberry Pis - may I ask what hardware you have for these (i.e. power supplies, SD Cards, USB Sticks etc). Also, how are you getting on with the Pi's in general.

Am I right in thinking that you are using Mediaportal as a server backend?
Each RPI has an 8Gb Class 10 CD card and powered off the USB port from the TV it's attached to. Currently using the RC6 MCE remote and IR receiver, although I'm looking to replace them with something smaller.

Yes I'm using the TV Server from MP as the backend for Live TV and Web Radio Streams.

I have to be honest and think you maybe a little confused with the whole backend thing. The backend in MP is only used for Live TV and Web Streams, all client configuration is held with the client. so you could run the client application without the backend system in place if you wanted to. The only plugin around is TVServerXBMC and that works as it should.

Cheers

Garry
Thanks for that.

I see what you mean - so you are saying that if did not want to use XBMC for watching recording TV (or indeed any other front end), I could just make it connect directly to the "recorded TV" folder om my server and watch anything directly from here in any event?
Spot on, that's correct.

Glad to have been able to help.

Cheers

Garry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to have XBMC watched status transfer to Mediaportal Server0