• 10(current)
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released
that is great to here! i will look forward to it.

i am happy to help out if i can. it would be good to start to give back to the community in some way.
by the way are you open to seeing some ideas i have? obviously only what fits with in the metropolis theme and if the time is right.

thanks for the reply.
Sure, any requests will be considered. My own time is limited at the moment, so I can't say when I'll be able to implement them, however.
hope this is the place to ask this?

i am embarrassed to say that i just discovered the theme options done by amra and others for metropolis.
i had no idea you could do this.

questions:
• do these work with 2.6.9 which i am now running on xvmc 12.2

• is now the time to start playing around with a new theme idea or are there more changes coming that i should wait a bit?

thanks again.
All themes are included with 2.6.9 and they work fine.

There should be no changes to themes for the Gotham version that's coming soon. Even if there are they'll be minor.
thank you
i will look a little deeper before i ask next time.
let me know if i can be of help with the graphics.
Is the subtitle downloading functionality working with 2.6.9? Not working for me.

Edit: Using Gotham nightlies
The Gotham version of Metropolis has not yet been released.
I made the needed skin changes, and I think the admins put them in the master, most likely you are missing the needed script "service.subtitles.opensubtitles".
[attachment=281]

EDIT:
I checked the master and all the code changes are there. (including my crappy subtitle dialog I mostly lifted from Confluence)
Code:
<control type="button" id="14">
<description>OSD Subtitles</description>
<include>Animation_ButtonFocus</include>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_sub_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_sub_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>Close</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(VideoOSD)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(OneButtonSubtitles) + IsEmpty(Skin.String(SubtitlesPath))</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="17">
<description>OSD Subtitles</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<onclick>Close</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(OneButtonSubtitles) + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(SubtitlesPath))</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="15">
<description>One Button OSD Subtitles</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<onclick>Close</onclick>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(OneButtonSubtitles) + !VideoPlayer.HasSubtitles</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="16">
<description>One Button OSD Subtitles</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(VideoOSD,true)</onclick>
<onclick>ShowSubtitles</onclick>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(OneButtonSubtitles) + VideoPlayer.HasSubtitles</visible>
</control>
The 1st checks that you are not using one-button subtitles toggle, and if the subtitle add-in is missing. (xbmc should prompt you to install the script, maybe this is the issue)
The 2nd checks that you are not using one-button subtitles toggle, and if the subtitle add-in isn't missing and runs whatever subtitle script you have installed.
The 3rd checks if you are using one-button subtitles toggle, and launches the script you have installed because there are no subtitles.
The 4th checks if you are using one-button subtitles toggle, and toggles the subtitles on and off when pressed. (not if there are srt's due to a bug in xbmc and a nightly complied after Jan)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2014-02-28, 19:37)jingai Wrote: The Gotham version of Metropolis has not yet been released.

I can say though that i am using 2.6.9 on the Gotham Beta 1 and it is working perfectly fine for me i don't use a lot of addons so cannot say how they perform but working fine for me Smile
Quick question, I just installed xbmc 12.3 on windows 7, installed metropolis from the skin menu. added in a network folder for movies.
How do I change the view of the files under the movies section?
When using the left arrow I can see a submenu with the file type view as file, however no keys seem to change it to another view type. I am wanting to use gallery view or something else.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?
(2014-03-06, 16:56)ScubaSteve Wrote: Quick question, I just installed xbmc 12.3 on windows 7, installed metropolis from the skin menu. added in a network folder for movies.
How do I change the view of the files under the movies section?
When using the left arrow I can see a submenu with the file type view as file, however no keys seem to change it to another view type. I am wanting to use gallery view or something else.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

The only view type available in the file mode is Files. You'll need to scan your movies into the library to use the others.
(2014-03-06, 18:50)jingai Wrote: The only view type available in the file mode is Files. You'll need to scan your movies into the library to use the others.

Thanks jingai, I'm sure that's the issue! I'll give it a try later this evening.
(2014-03-06, 13:59)protocol77 Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 19:37)jingai Wrote: The Gotham version of Metropolis has not yet been released.

I can say though that i am using 2.6.9 on the Gotham Beta 1 and it is working perfectly fine for me i don't use a lot of addons so cannot say how they perform but working fine for me Smile

It was working great for me too until I bricked it myself.

I got finger happy by clicking "yes" to disable add-ons pop ups that wouldn't allegedly work.

I wait with baited breath for the Gotham release of Metropolis when Gotham gets released with it's final distro.

FYI my version wasn't 2.6.9, it was and earlier one and I tried to update to 2.6.9
when I bricked it.
(2014-03-23, 01:31)aksarge Wrote:
(2014-03-06, 13:59)protocol77 Wrote:

It was working great for me too until I bricked it myself.

I got finger happy by clicking "yes" to disable add-ons pop ups that wouldn't allegedly work.

I wait with baited breath for the Gotham release of Metropolis when Gotham gets released with it's final distro.

FYI my version wasn't 2.6.9, it was and earlier one and I tried to update to 2.6.9
when I bricked it.

Well I'll be.

I am NOT just a pretty face.

I got 2.7.0 to work in Gotham.

Shazaam.
My Windows version did/does the same, my Openelec version doesn't do that, but won't show "info" for movies (tv works fine). They are Beta for good reason. Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released2