• 9(current)
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released
(2013-12-21, 05:55)capfuturo Wrote: As a Christmas present, would it be possible for Metropolis to integrate the hooks to [...] the new TVTunes?

Just had a brief look at this. What exactly about 4.0.0 do you want supported? It should be loading the script as it is now.

Or are you just asking for the button to download the tune in the DialogVideoInfo dialog? If so, I'll need someone to create an icon for that Smile
BTW, last call for features for the Frodo version of the skin. If it's not listed here, then it probably isn't going to happen for Frodo.

I don't have a lot of time to work on this at the moment, so I'm trying to focus more on Gotham. If anyone has a reason to desire a particular feature for the Frodo version, now would be the time to voice it. I'll be releasing 2.7.0 soon for Frodo. Be aware that you must present a pretty compelling argument for introducing a feature into the Frodo version now, but it will be considered, nonetheless.

I'll still do bug fix releases for Frodo for a bit, of course. Just trying to freeze features and move on due to limited time to work on this.

For those planning on moving to Gotham, the first release goal will be to keep feature parity with the current Frodo version while also supporting the basics that Gotham requires. This will be 2.8.0. There will be no big feature additions for this release.

3.0.0 represents the new features that I think most people are waiting for. If what you're looking for isn't there, post a request here or, better yet, add it as an Issue on the github repository.
Thanks for your continued work on this skin jingai. I have a request for 3.0.0.....could you possibly add options to the music OSD to be able to play visualisation over artist slideshow? Also an option to bring lyrics up automatically in metropolis style fonts? None of these are critical, just nice to have.
Its nice to know you are working on a Gotham version. This is my favorite skin(by far) and I was worrying about whether Id be able to use it once Gotham comes out.
Thank you for this wonderful skin.
(2014-01-23, 04:48)jingai Wrote: BTW, last call for features for the Frodo version of the skin. If it's not listed here, then it probably isn't going to happen for Frodo.

I don't have a lot of time to work on this at the moment, so I'm trying to focus more on Gotham. If anyone has a reason to desire a particular feature for the Frodo version, now would be the time to voice it. I'll be releasing 2.7.0 soon for Frodo. Be aware that you must present a pretty compelling argument for introducing a feature into the Frodo version now, but it will be considered, nonetheless.

I'll still do bug fix releases for Frodo for a bit, of course. Just trying to freeze features and move on due to limited time to work on this.

For those planning on moving to Gotham, the first release goal will be to keep feature parity with the current Frodo version while also supporting the basics that Gotham requires. This will be 2.8.0. There will be no big feature additions for this release.

3.0.0 represents the new features that I think most people are waiting for. If what you're looking for isn't there, post a request here or, better yet, add it as an Issue on the github repository.

Really cool to see that you are still working on this. I've moved on to other projects, but still use this skin on one of my rigs almost daily.

Great work!

-stoli-
(2014-01-23, 05:24)emptyhead Wrote: Thanks for your continued work on this skin jingai. I have a request for 3.0.0.....could you possibly add options to the music OSD to be able to play visualisation over artist slideshow? Also an option to bring lyrics up automatically in metropolis style fonts? None of these are critical, just nice to have.

Added as Issue 232 and Issue 233.
Hello,

I love this skin, very modern and unique.

I would very much like to be able to change the homepage icons (the 250x500 images) from within the skin options. As far as I can tell, and from looking around the forums, they are packed into themes. I think if we could make our own, people would come out of the woodwork with icon packs to go with the different colored themes and could really elevate the skin. Even if we could still drop our images in the media folder, that would be fantastic.

And if i can be real greedy, some sort of Wall view for movies would be awesome too when you roll out the next version.

Thanks so much for all your work!
(2014-01-30, 05:45)noahE Wrote: I would very much like to be able to change the homepage icons (the 250x500 images) from within the skin options. As far as I can tell, and from looking around the forums, they are packed into themes. I think if we could make our own, people would come out of the woodwork with icon packs to go with the different colored themes and could really elevate the skin. Even if we could still drop our images in the media folder, that would be fantastic.

You can certainly change them if you don't mind dropping your new images into the media folder. I'll consider adding an option to make them customizable from within the skin, but it probably won't happen soon, unless someone else wants to give it a go.

(2014-01-30, 05:45)noahE Wrote: And if i can be real greedy, some sort of Wall view for movies would be awesome too when you roll out the next version.

Gallery and Gallery Fanart aren't what you're looking for?
(2014-01-30, 05:45)noahE Wrote: I would very much like to be able to change the homepage icons (the 250x500 images) from within the skin options.

Done. The admins can pull the changes from My branch if they want them. (the strings.po aren't done because I didn't want to just throw them anywhere, so the labels are English and hard-coded.)

NOTE: it was modified over my own branch's settings menu, so there are other things in those files that aren't for normal users, the modified code can be cut and pasted pretty easily from them though.

Update:

Added an icon preview. Changes
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Thanks again MacGyver. I'll get your changes in for 3.0.0.
I've merged in most of your commits, MacGyver, with only some slight alterations. I'm waiting on pulling in the Home2 icon customization feature and the pause overlay timeout feature because I want to review them more before I commit them. Everything else is in there currently, though.
Cool, I'm happy to help out whenever I can.
I make changes just for me a lot of the time, so I'll try to work on issues and fixes one at a time to make it easier to pick out the changes for each. (I'm new to GitHub)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
To make it a little easier, you could put each new feature or fix in its own branch. But if that's too difficult it's no big deal.
thank you for this visually stunning skin.
i have been trying other skins and recently retuned to Metropolis.
it is beautiful.

now for the request you knew was coming.
do you have plans to allow for greater customization of the home menu?
spacificly i would like to:

• reorder the menu or be able to customize any/all categories and re-name.
• add a few additional customizable categories.
• submenu - more playlist, favorites and add-on options in each menu item.
• the ability to turn on/off the submenu items (genre, sets, tags etc.) individually.

i hope i am not asking for too much. if this is not in your future plans i understand.

if you are not i am willing to try myself if someone can give me a little guidance.
but i have no skinning experience beyond the font.xml file.

thanks again

p.s. if you have need of graphic and illustration help for the skin, i am a skilled photo-illustrator and willing to help.
(2014-02-07, 18:21)mxlance Wrote: • reorder the menu or be able to customize any/all categories and re-name.
• add a few additional customizable categories.
• submenu - more playlist, favorites and add-on options in each menu item.
• the ability to turn on/off the submenu items (genre, sets, tags etc.) individually.

i hope i am not asking for too much. if this is not in your future plans i understand.

More home menu customization is indeed in the plans. I don't know when it will happen, but it will.

(2014-02-07, 18:21)mxlance Wrote: p.s. if you have need of graphic and illustration help for the skin, i am a skilled photo-illustrator and willing to help.

Thank you for the offer. I probably will take you up on it at some point Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released2