Picture Quality - Intel HD vs Dedicated GPU (nvidia / ati)
(2013-09-04, 12:30)A-Swiss Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 20:02)milli Wrote: Intel graphics has issues used with dxva causing artifacts/banding in some HD videos. If you have such videos then radeon would help.

The Intel Issue will be fixed with the next version of driver... Some users reported, that the issues are already gone with the latest beta driver from Intel.
Last good for my Intel HD4000 / 9.17.10.2932 dated 12.12.2012

See also http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170817

The one I was referring to would look like this while playing some HD videos. In some HD videos it would be pixelated white all over the picture as well. Anyone wants to know more about this intel graphics issue just google for "dxva2 intel"

I would be glad if they would be able to fix this. Do you know if you can download the beta drivers?

(2013-09-04, 13:59)meridius Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 20:02)milli Wrote: Intel graphics has issues used with dxva causing artifacts/banding in some HD videos. If you have such videos then radeon would help.

is this the same for the i3-4330 that uses the 4600 gfx chip ?

thanks

I hear it is not but you can really confirm it only if you play the same video which has issues with HDxxx series on this chip. I have confirmed the issue exists on HD2000, HD3000 and from others I believe it exists on HD4000 as well.

(2013-09-04, 16:30)jammyb Wrote:
(2013-09-04, 12:30)A-Swiss Wrote:

The Intel Issue will be fixed with the next version of driver... Some users reported, that the issues are already gone with the latest beta driver from Intel.
Last good for my Intel HD4000 / 9.17.10.2932 dated 12.12.2012

See also http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170817

That's way old. anyone tried these? - 9.18.10.3165 [11th June 2013]

How does one install this into openELEC?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...pe=Drivers

I have tried the latest one and it still has the issue. You can't install it in to openelec and BTW it does not have this issue.
At this moment I use the Beta Release Version: 15.33.0.3214 driver (Intel Graphics Driver: 9.18.10.3214, Intel Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3111), for some time now and that is doing OK on my Win 7 HD 4000 HTPC. Before that Beta I tested every driver and the driver that had no issues were the 9.17.10.2932 drivers from last December 2012. Everything else official released after that was not OK (besides the Beta).
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2013-09-04, 16:30)jammyb Wrote: That's way old. anyone tried these? - 9.18.10.3165 [11th June 2013]

Windows drivers on openelec? Don't think so!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-04, 22:03)p750mmx Wrote: At this moment I use the Beta Release Version: 15.33.0.3214 driver (Intel Graphics Driver: 9.18.10.3214, Intel Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3111), for some time now and that is doing OK on my Win 7 HD 4000 HTPC. Before that Beta I tested every driver and the driver that had no issues were the 9.17.10.2932 drivers from last December 2012. Everything else official released after that was not OK (besides the Beta).

Too bad it is not available for HD2000/HD3000Sad
(2013-09-04, 22:08)nickr Wrote:
(2013-09-04, 16:30)jammyb Wrote: That's way old. anyone tried these? - 9.18.10.3165 [11th June 2013]

Windows drivers on openelec? Don't think so!

Yes, obviously. But how does one get the driver and put it into oE?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

u don't, u download the version of OE best suited to hardware u got
You can SSH install the latest drivers. I used to do that with XBMCBUNTU and ION drivers, so why not Intels?

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

openelec isn't xbmcbuntu, wait for next version of openelec and they might be there or u could always recompile the kernel manually to include the correct software.
(2013-09-04, 22:24)jammyb Wrote: You can SSH install the latest drivers. I used to do that with XBMCBUNTU and ION drivers, so why not Intels?

FYI system partition in OE is read only file system. You can't just ssh and install the drivers.
What's more it is linux and doesn't use windows drivers. Even if you could install different drivers on openelec, windows ones are simply irrelevant.

You could recompile openelec with newer LINUX drivers, but whether that tips up other parts of the openelec system is anyones guess.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-04, 17:33)nmt1978 Wrote: I had used HTPC + video card Geforce 9500 + XBMC to wach movies for years on TV.
Earlier this year i bought my first projector (Optoma HD20). I have had no problem with picture quality until that day when i brought an oppo 103 from my friend.
I had time to compare the picture quality between that HTPC and oppo and realized that oppo produced a substantial better picture quality which I can see it very clearly through my eyes
I love XBMC of course, then i kept my HTPC but routed it video signal through HDMI input of oppo and output from oppo to projector. Picture quality has been significally improved.

So, if PQ is really your concern, AND IF YOU USE PROJECTOR, i strongly recommend you to buy an oppo and do my way. You can use whether Intel HD or a decent video card.

So if you are routing the hdmi OUTPUT from the pc to the oppo, then the projector, the video has already been decoded, no? So in this setup the oppo is acting more as a scaler.

Ernie
Yes video is still decoded by HTPC. But the picture quality is significally improved as video signall is processing via oppo
(2013-09-04, 23:30)nickr Wrote: What's more it is linux and doesn't use windows drivers. Even if you could install different drivers on openelec, windows ones are simply irrelevant.

You could recompile openelec with newer LINUX drivers, but whether that tips up other parts of the openelec system is anyones guess.

That's it! Recompile! [SSH didn't "feel" right when talking about it here and about updating but not changing the version lol]

When I made the change from xbmcbuntu to oE, I was installing custom recompiled ion versions.

I'm still on 3.0.6. Haven't bothered with the 3.1.* as it'll be grief when updating to stable version won't it?

Any ideas when we'll get stable Gotham/ oE 3.2?

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

The usual response to such questions in the open source world is "when it's ready".
Yes true but in the oE forums you sometimes read titbits on possible release dates sometimes. Just wondered if anyone had read anything promising! Smile

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Quality - Intel HD vs Dedicated GPU (nvidia / ati)0