XBMC Lag after atv 5.3 untether
I am having all kinds of issues with XBMC after updating to the 5.3 untether. I have tried xbmc 12.3 and 12.2. Watching videos from my NAS share is extremely choppy and I cannot access the XBMC home folder (/var/mobile) from within XBMC. I can access through Cyberduck but not from XBMC. I am not sure if the untether had anything to do with it, but just trying to give as much info as possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181934 regarding /private/var/mobile

as far as choppiness, it's probably best to turn debugging on and paste your xbmc.log. not everyone on untether is getting choppy videos.
iOS XBMC users PLEASE use the advanced search function before starting a new thread. Make sure to click on 'XBMC for iOS Specific Support' so your results are narrowed down correctly.

Please make sure to visit the Sticky section for common issues/questions/etc. Also, XBMC for iOS information
Prolly right. Unfortunately I have restored with iFaith and am back to the tethered. It was unusable with the untether installed.
I was having a horrible choppy image after untethered... Restoring now and will test.
http://pastebin.com/dftN27j8

I ran it with both hardware acceleration on and off.... Both the same running at about 10 FPS while playing.

SD movies play at around 25 fps... so they are fine it is on HD

This is all with the untethered installed
restored back to tethered and everything is working great
Same problem here. The addons seem to work fine, but local LAN playback is broken.
Apparently it was just fixed according to firecore. Rejailbreak 5.3 to fix.
ailbreakers once again forgot to patch our seatbelt Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
please confirm the patch with current jailbreak
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
How to check this?
Is there a way to get the 5.3 untethered from a 5.3 tethered? I know that there was an update in NitoTV for the first untethered release but didn't know if it was updated with the most recent fix.

Thanks.
I tried a re-jailbreak and still have this issue. On 5.2 I had no skipping, and on 5.3 now I do. Extremely disappointing.
Did you use seas0mpass or NitoTV installer? Start with a fresh 5.3 or already tethered?
Works here, just did the jailbreak. Was on 4.4 before and Seas0nPass upgraded to 5.3 and jailbroke. Installed XBMC again and restored my earlier userdata folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Lag after atv 5.3 untether0