• 20(current)
The best Android XBMC / Kodi boxes
(2016-01-26, 00:45)hdmkv Wrote: Stuck w/thief VidOn for support; getting into bed w/them is like walking into a drug kinpin's resort hideout w/your fingers crossed.
Ha Ha, nice one !

And hdmkv also missed out Widevine Level 1 support and HD Netflix approval you get with the Core for 1080p paid video streams. Every other AMLogic / Rockchip device is limited to 480p Max, which looks awful on a 55" TV.

Alright. First post, sorry if I'm in the wrong section. Gonna be brutally honest, found it extremely hard to navigate this forum.

I'm in search of a decent android box to play KODI on. Right now I have an Ouya with Kodi (14.2 Helix). Pretty much all I use my Ouya for other than the few emulators on it. I've been having trouble with some streaming like 70% of the things I go to watch don't load or id they do, its very choppy. The other 30% of the time it's alright. My internet is fine and Im plugged in via ether. Speed test it daily and occassionally reset the router. I've thought maybe it was because Ouya doesn't support the newer version of KODI (15.2 Isengard) and I'm having issues because I'm not up to date.

Either way. I've decided on getting a new unit. Solely just for KODI, unless I start learning what else these boxes are capable off. Did a quick google and MINIX Neo X8-H + had found me. Is this a wise switch to this box? Is it going to remedy some of the streaming issues I was having? Should I hold out for some new releases that I may be unaware about. PS, talk to me like I'm a 12 yr old, because I understand a bit, but not the the extent I see on here. LOL.

Thanks for any advise/help in advance.

Again, sorry if I posted in the wrong area.
(2016-01-27, 07:12)willrobb1 Wrote: Alright. First post, sorry if I'm in the wrong section. Gonna be brutally honest, found it extremely hard to navigate this forum.

Got the Beast addon and that's about it. I've been having trouble with some streaming like 70% of the things I go to watch don't load or id they do, its very choppy.

My turn. What exactly is the Beast addon you speak of? Never heard of it.
EDIT;

Sorry about that.
A Banned-Addon.

Something that you're not allowed to talk about here, and you should read the Piracy Policy.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-01-27, 07:43)Tinwarble Wrote: A Banned-Addon.

Something that you're not allowed to talk about here.

My bad, sorry about that.

I've edited all my posts
Streaming using a Banned add on, off Pirate servers, NO new Hardware is going to fix dodgy streams coming off unknown, god knows where, crap quality servers. This has got nothing to do with your internet speed in the slightest.
What do you expect for free, top quality Video streaming without problems ?

We cannot help you with that sorry, this has nothing to do with Kodi.

If your having problems playing video off a USB stick or from within your local home network then yes you do have issues.

MINIX Neo X8-H+ is now an old device, running a dated, slower Android KitKat 4.4.x. OS

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 or Android TV OS devices are where the current spec hardware is at, see this thread for a list of choices:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

What can I get for around $100 that includes:
I see tons of boxes on Amazon & Ebay and not sure what to get.

Kodi 1080p - Without stuttering and 4k would be nice but not a big deal yet. (Have the TV but no content yet)
Netflix HD - Read that only some devices support it?
Youtube HD

Moving to a new place and prefer not having a 20' HDMI cable from my PC to the living room TV again.
I plan on getting a NAS, but for now I will be sharing the files from my computer till I get around buying one.

Thanks for the help! Blush

Edit - Woah, a while since I have posted 5 years. Been lurking for the most part.
XBMC - 11.0 (9/30/11)
Aeon Nox - 2.0 (9/30/11)
cdArt - 2.5
Ember Media Manager - 1.2
MediaFrontPage
If you want 4K Netflix your only option is the SATV. ~$150
if you want 4K for some local content but not at 60FPS and HD Netflix get the Wetek Core ~$100
If you just want 1080P Netflix and Local content get the Nexus Player ~$50

There is also the AFTV2 that will do some stuff at 4K, but is a little more work to get Kodi working on. Also the NP wont be perfect 23.976 FPS playback. Depending on what you are looking for when it comes for surround sound and specific media (live TV?) the recommendations above could change.
Hey guys im looking for a Android tv box that will run kodi with out crashing i currently have MXQ m2201c_g1
(2016-02-04, 22:01)Silverwolf6625 Wrote: Hey guys im looking for a Android tv box that will run kodi with out crashing i currently have MXQ m2201c_g1

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Hi guys, I use my android box purely for kodi, I'm currently using m8c box. Can't work out if I need to upgrade my box or speed of my internet. My speed is currently 24mbits, but my box really struggles with HD content. Should I upgrade my box? If so which one? Is my internet speed to low?

Thanks
of course my Amazon FTV dies right after all the Nexus Players are sold out at great prices (in Canada).

sounds like the WeTek Core is my cheapest, pain-free option here to get Netflix HD and Kodi? would be around $140CAD shipped I believe.

EDIT: guess i could also try and find another FTV, but they seem to be priced higher here too (found mine on ebay originally)
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The best Android XBMC / Kodi boxes2