Win Pixelated when viewing list of movies
Hello,

Ive just finished building my server and setting up XBMC but im getting a really weird pixelated effect when i go into another of the category like movies, tv shows etc.

Playback is fine and the main settings menu etc are all fine.

Anyone have any ideas as its really annoying

If you use Intel iGPU, try to disable DXVA2 in XBMC video/playback....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Just tried that but still seems to happen in the menus.

Playback is absolutely fine so its not a huge issue just a little frustrating.

I'm using Intel G1610 CPU and AMD 6450 Graphics card.
(2014-02-02, 00:50)olli460 Wrote: I'm using Intel G1610 CPU and AMD 6450 Graphics card.
You need to update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect?Then disable everything other than smooth playback option in AMD CCC as shown below.

You can try this too- Enable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and then select "Auto detect" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback

I have disabled pretty much everything, Still getting the weird pixelation.

It doesn't do it in the original default skin but does it on all the others ive tried 4-5 skins.
Make sure you've ticked "use application settings" or whatever AMD call them in all areas of CCC as this is definitely caused by the AMD drivers.
Yeah its already ticked that as default, tried ticking use AMD Settings but it still does it Sad
(2014-02-02, 14:48)olli460 Wrote: I have disabled pretty much everything, Still getting the weird pixelation.

It doesn't do it in the original default skin but does it on all the others ive tried 4-5 skins.
Have you done the settings below?

You need to update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect?

You can try this too- Enable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and then select "Auto detect" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback

You might want to make sure that Windows is up to date too...
Yes my drivers are already upto date, Windows is also fully upto date.

Allow hardware acceleration DXVA2 was selected as default aswell as auto detect. I've tried disabling them too but i still get it Sad
Have you try different "Color Pixel Format" in CCC as shown below?

Haven't tried that yet, but just tried all 4 settings and does exactly the same thing on all 4, Didn't really seem to alter it at all Sad
In Catalyst Control Center under 3D Gaming Settings what do you have? Make sure ALL 3D overrides are turned off and set everything to "Use App Settings".
Ok that appears fine, I asked again more explicitly because the AMD graphics will essentially see XBMC as being a game with 3D graphics (because of our use of Directx 3D for rendering), which many people don't realise, so anything other than "Use application settings" in there can interfere with the rendering.

What version of Catalyst do you have?
I didn't know that, annoying it didn't fix it Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pixelated when viewing list of movies0